Chapter 198: Why Did His Highness Choose Wei Wei

Su Yan Mo knew more than anyone that the reason Helian Jiao Er had received so much protection was because it’s rumored that she was the reincarnation of the phoenix.

Even though the imperial family was in power in Dragon War Empire, however, there were many, many affairs which, before they carry them out, they couldn’t help but carefully consider the four great clans’ positions.

This is the situation that’d been present ever since the founding of Dragon War Empire. No one could break it.

Yet after the godly monk divined that the phoenix would descend, a change occurred to the situation.

Those elders from the four great clans wanted to use the phoenix to rule the the government, so they had the godly monk extrapolate where the phoenix would emerge.

The godly monk refused. To divulge the will of heaven like this would usually bring about calamity.

No one wanted to die.

If the elders didn’t use the lives of all of the monks in the temple as hostage, the godly monk simply wouldn’t have agreed to continue.

In the end, after three days and three nights, that godly monk finally calculated the female phoenix’s birthplace, but it turned out that within that courtyard, there were two children.

The godly monk also couldn’t be sure which of the children it was. Su Yan Mo then simply pushed her own daughter to the forefront and locked up that little vile spawn in the storehouse, not letting her out again.

For the sake of performing this divination, he was forced to age ten years and no longer wanted to mind worldly affairs.

However, Su Yan Mo still couldn’t feel at ease. The only person who knew what really happened at the time was this godly monk. Only by eliminating him would her daughter become the world’s only phoenix!

Consequently, she dispatched three waves of assassinations in succession, until that godly monk was finally forced to jump over a cliff.

Right now, that old monk should’ve already turned into a pile of bones.

Certainly, now that these two children had become older and older, it’d soon be time to determine who really had the constitution of a phoenix.

Of course, Su Yan Mo felt that only her daughter could be the true reincarnation of the phoenix.

But she also couldn’t prevent something else unforeseen from happening……

Due to this incident involving entrapping a person, Retired Emperor’s mood didn’t appear very good at all, that’s why even customs from previous years were cancelled.

Everybody returned to their room, and prepared to rest.

Of course, some people still hadn’t forgotten to carry out their jobs.

At this moment, Head Abbot Fang Zhang was sitting in his room while rotating the Buddhist beads in his hands, the air pressure was a bit low. The novice monk standing outside didn’t even dare to come in.

Before him sat Baili Jia Jue. Within his apathetic, demonically cold appearance, there was even a trace of an evil aura.

That kind of evil aura was impossible to suppress even though they were in a sacred temple. On the contrary, because of this kind of environment.

It made him appear even more pure and handsome, like an immortal devil.

Head Abbot Fang Zhang inclined his face as he gazed at the young man’s two eyes.