Chapter 182: Getting Close to Wei Wei

Helian Wei Wei looked down. “Then when should this witch wood be used.”

“Younger Sister don’t need to worry about this.” A light quickly flashed within Chen Wen Wan’s eyes. When we arrive at Hidden Spirit Shrine, there’ll naturally be an arrangement for the students to rest. When the young ladies go to relieve themselves, before they go for a stroll, Younger Sister only need to take advantage of the time Retired Emperor lights the incense and place this thing on that person’s body. That’ll do.”

Wei Wei slightly creased her brows. “In case I’m discovered, what should I do?”

“Younger Sister, don’t worry, with me as a screen, no one will see it.” Chen Wen Wan spoke with a spirit of loyalty and self-sacrifice, the tone of her voice even carried a slight implication of urging her on.

Wei Wei looked pensive as she smiled. “OK, then let’s just try according to Older Sister’s method.” Since somebody dug a pit to have her jump, if she didn’t go explore, wouldn’t that be such a pity.

It’s just that when it came time for the bird to catch the soft-shelled turtle, she’s afraid that someone else will……

………….

The horse carriage already traveled for about eight hours, and finally took a midway rest.

Everybody continued to sit in their respective seats. The sons of nobility sat directly in front and drank water as they chat. Their demeanor and graceful appearance made several young ladies dressed in their long dresses giggle, one after another.

In contrast to the men’s joy and harmony, the women were obviously divided into factions.

No one was willing to sit together with Wei Wei, even though she publicly became the armament champion before numerous people. However, from the girls’ perspective, without power, without influence, and even without good looks, she simply wasn’t in the position to sit and drink tea with them.

The maids served them with utmost care, and brought the osmanthus and lotus seed soup that they’d previously prepared, took out a wooden box, and bit by bit poured it into a bowls. It was previously iced and most suitable for drinking on a journey.

Helian Jiao Er received a bowl and instructed her maid. “Also bring to the other two sisters for them to have a taste. Although this isn’t some precious item, it’ll work to quench their thirst.”

“This iced and cold feeling really is not bad.”The Liang family’s young lady drank a mouthful delicately, using her handkerchief to dab the corners of her mouth. After seeing Wei Wei across from them eating a steamed bun, she very disdainfully curled her lips. “Some people are truly backward, what kind of place is this, to be eating steamed buns and stewed beef.

However, what’s going on with the one with last name Chen. How could she go get mixed up with that country bumpkin.”

Helian Jiao Er also turned towards Wei Wei’s direction and took a glance, laughing along.

The young men at the other side naturally also noticed the activity over here.

After they finished drinking the first-rate Longjing tea received from their servants, they cast a glance in Wei Wei’s direction from time to time, disdain very distinct on their faces.

“No wonder this ugly person doesn’t suit graceful gatherings. No matter how strong she is, she’s still a barbaric woman.”

Several people laughed out loud, some even started joking. “Based on her looks, if delivered before grandfather’s face, grandfather will still have to think about it.”