16

Eleanor, however, had more on her mind than the philosopher's stone as spring came along

Eleanor, however, had more on her mind than the philosopher's stone as spring came along. She was never a fan of exams at Hogwarts, even when she was a student, she despised them. At this point in her life she did as much as she could to help students pass the exams they needed help with before taking them. Students that weren't even in her class had asked her for help. She opened her classroom seven days a week and even held lunch time options for students to take advantage of. Hermione Granger was the first to take the opportunity to study anything from how to make a correct forgetfulness potion and turning mice into snuffboxes, it took her multiple times before she got it right.

But this sort of busy work kept Eleanor away from grief, a distraction is just what she needed during this time of year.

For the most part Snape left her alone, not wanting to overwhelm her at any sort, he himself was busy with his own exams, but not as much as the woman who barely left her classroom in the purpose to help students who needed it.

It was sweltering hot in the classroom where Eleanor graded practice quizzes from randomized years of students. She shook her head, her desk stacked with multiple stacks of paper. She was currently chuckling at Fred Weasleys anwser of a question that asked for a description of the mandrake plant, he replied. 'Plant that acts like a baby, it crys alot and it will bite if not fed. I relate to this plant spiritually..'

A knock on her door opened her senses noticing Snape standing across her now empty room as it had been dinner time.

"Hi." Said Snape as he awkwardly looked around.

Eleanor gave her full attention to Snape, She fanned herself with the papers she was grading. Giving him a flat smile she replied. "Hello, need anything?"

"I was actually looking for three gryffindors who weren't at dinner." Said Snape and he gave Eleanor a look.

She shrugged, "Last student that was in here was Cedric Diggory, I haven't seen the Harry since this morning."

"Odd." Said Snape.

Eleanor hummed in response.

"Quirrell wasn't at dinner either." Snape had also remarked.

Eleanor raised her eyebrows for a moment, looking at him worriedly, "Well let's go find them." Eleanor tried to stay calm —, but
suddenly everything turned raggid, Eleanor ran across Hogwarts Corridors with Snape following behind. She checked the library, the classrooms, the great hall — in case they came back, She checked Hagrids and finally the gryffindor Common room where Neville Longbottom layed, his entire body momentarily paralysed and on the floor.

Eleanor rushed to him, quick to undo the spell where Neville had felt his bones crack from the tense movement.

"Where is Harry?" She asked Neville