43

"Headmaster you must put my telling into consideration

"Headmaster you must put my telling into consideration." Said Severus to Dumbledore who stroked Fawkes calmly, the Phoenix stretched out its fiery red wings in the process of being groomed.

Severus eyed the headmaster, seeing that Dumbledore had no interest to what he was telling him. He was feeding his bird a biscuit for Merlin's sake.

"Have you listened to a word I said?" Asked a now irritated Snape who glared over Dumbledore's desk.

The man took off his half moon glasses, cleaning them with a neatly folded cotton cloth. "I was listening, doesn't mean I want to hear it." He muttered the last part under his breath before putting his spectacles back on his face.

Snape frowned. "So it doesn't matter to you, that Lupin under your employee was the one to sneak Sirius Black into the castle grounds, do you realize how severe that sounds?"

"And that is a very severe accusation you've made, but yet I see no reason to connect those dots together." He said back to the potions master who just about gave up. "Remus Lupin is a good man, he knows what's after Harry Potter, he's promised to serve safty. Infact, he giving the boy private lessons on perfecting the patronus spell, isnt that great?"

"Fantatsic." Snape said through his teeth.

"Isnt it?!" Dumbledore agreed happily ignoring the false enthusiasm from the teacher.

A knock was heard and soon Minerva Mcgonagall walked in, "Pardon me," she said excusing her interruption. "We're leaving now, taking a few of the staff members with me as well." She told dumbledore.

"Tell the minister I apologize I couldn't make it, I have too much work to be done." Dumbledore said to Mcgonagall, her eyes darted to the headmaster who went back to petting the bird.

"Yes, of course." She said with a hint of aggravation in her voice. She gave Severus a small smile before walking out of his office.

Eleanor stayed stiff like a statue, she stared in between the individual imprints of the wood floor of the upstairs of the pub where she sat next to Flitwick and Hagrid.

"Yer alright?" Hagrid asked as they awaited Cornelius Fudge to arrive.

"I need a cigarette." She replied

"Here, here." Said the owner of the pub Rosmeta, a tall skinny woman no older than fifty seven, she was quick to hand her one while lighting it for her.

Mcgonagall sighed in dismay but said nothing to Eleanor who looked like she was about to have a mental breakdown.

Eleanor knew what they were going to talk about, about Sirius Black, about what happened that Halloween night.

Fudge had walked in soon enough with a smile to everyone and a second look to Eleanor Potter, "You've grown since the last time I saw you! What is it like in the day if Eleanor Adler?" He winked but she only flicked her cigarette on the ashtray.