27

To Eleanor it was so strange how life can change within a moment, a decision, a conversation— one moment you're in full despair or maybe even the happiest moment of your life, than it changes

Severus Snape was her own moment of change, at first she only saw him to be someone she barely knew, a hint of his name was thrown around by Lily only once when she was much younger, but never knew him. He was someone she worked with, he was someone who treated her differently, a friend... now he was something more.

A hint of grief to Eleanors own part knowing she was still emotionally damaged to be in a full relationship with Severus, after talking multiple times about it, he finally understood she needed time, but that didnt mean they didnt share their fair moments of change.

When students came back from Hogwarts they too, noticed change. The amount of Severus's giving of homework had lessened by a page, and sometimes he only grumbled under his breath instead of his usual bullying to Eleanor's favourite student Neville Longbottom.

But as these events were happening around the castle and fearful knowings among Muggleborn students, Eleanor made sure to keep everyone distracted as school was soon to end along with OWLs coming up.

It was a Thursday morning, Harry leaned his head over his palm out of pure boredom as Snape did his usual lecture. He sat beside Ron who was staring off into the distance with a dumbfounded look. He had to have been staring outside the window, hoping there was an apocalypse that had sprung upon so there was an excuse to leave class.

"Turn to page 256, you will be reading the next three chapters about the fire protection potion, then I want a five page essay on the chapters review which will be quizzed on Tuesday—" he paused his lecture as Professor Adler walked in causing all the students to turn their heads to the door where she stood quietly. Neville Longbottom sent her a grateful smile and waved his hand to her, she pressed a finger to her mouth and waved back, staying in the back of the class for Snape to continue, "On second thought, make it two pages... as for everything else will be the same." Snape finished. Students looked to each other in relief while Harry blinked up at him puzzled. "Class dismissed."

At this point Harry didnt know what to think, first three pages less of an essay and class being let out ten minutes early and Harry wasnt the only student who thought of that as other students murmured about Snape outside of the classroom.

Eleanor came up front where Snape stood by his desk, "Sorry to disturb the class." She spoke handing Snape all the work Hermione Granger has done while she was in the hospital wing due to her drinking the 'wrong potion'.

"Never a disturbance, Professor." The corners of his mouth raised watching her face pink. Snape turned his head to see Harry's glance before leaving out the door, which Snape made a simple wand movement to shut it, so there would be no inconvenience. "You look really nice today." Said Snape, Eleanor smiled.