23

"At least the weather is nice, yes?" Eleanor spoke outloud at the teachers box where Slytherin and Gryffindor start their first match

"At least the weather is nice, yes?" Eleanor spoke outloud at the teachers box where Slytherin and Gryffindor start their first match. For the last couple of weeks it had been pouring off and on, Today had been a rather blue sky, but still breezy enough to wear a jumper and scarf.

"Indeed it is!" Said Lockhart who sat behind Eleanor with a cheeky grin on his face. She looked to Severus who sat to her right. The both of them shared an annoyed look before going back to the game just before it started.

Two teams flyed up in the air and the crowd roared. Slytherin took the right side and Gryffindor the left. Madam Hooch commanded the rules just before she set the quaffle, Bludgers, and the golden snitch loose to begin the game.

The game had barely begun and slytherin was up sixty points. For awhile it was Harry who was whizzing around on his broom, Eleanor had noticed pointing it out. "Is it normal for a Bludger to be doing that?" She referred to the ball that was chasing him.

Snape eyed the situation.

Apparently Eleanor wasn't the only one who noticed this as Woods called a time out having his team land on the field.

"Looks like they've got it sorted out. No need to panic." Snape reasured Eleanor

As soon as the game started, the bludger was after Harry again and this time Eleanor knew something was up. Immediately she turned around facing Lockhart who hadn't any attention to the game at all, in fact he was picking at his nails.

Ew.

Turning back Eleanor wondered who enchanted the ball, "Is it Draco?" She wondered

"No, because he is on the team." Severus pointed out Malfoy flying around on his broom.

"Of course you let Malfoy on the slytherin team." She commented

Snape cleared his throat. "I'm afraid we having bigger issues then that." He muttered as the bludger that was following harry was now penetrating all the boxes causing each one to shake like an earthquake.

When it hit the teachers box Eleanor was knocked over, luckily Severus caught her before she could fall. Looking up her eyes met with his own. It was just like in the cheesy novels and films where the princess falls and the brave knight catches her. She didn't know what else to compare this cliche moment to and Snape looked as if he was suprised he caught her without even thinking about it or the fact of how close she was to him, how close their faces were, how close he was holding her. He could see the hazel color up close, her starling eyes.

Blushing at the hand that wrapped around her waist she muttered, "Thanks." And he let go but his eyes never left the redness on her usual pale face. In fact it deepened the more he stared at her.

Was she uncomfortable? So many thoughts ran through his head, enough to distract him from the whole game. Harry had slipped off his broom landing in the sandlot. With rejoice Harry had caught the snitch which ended the game.