71

Christmas morning came along, Eleanor woke up to the sound of an owl pecking at her window

She managed to roll out of bed, though she had been so tired and exhausted. Eleanor saw that the owl that sat on the ledge of the other side of the window had been Sirius's owl and not her own. she had noticed a package and letter. She smiled almost immediately as she reached to open the window and allow the owl in to drop off its delivery before leaving.

My dearest Eleanor,

Happy Christmas my love, having you in my life is the greatest gift of them all. I wish we could spend this Christmas together, but the next year will make up for the loss. Eleanor, alot of things have been happening and I've decided on one thing I think you should have on you. Frankly, I never know when the time will come to use it, but I wish for you to keep it on you at all times. I know it's no traditional Christmas gift, but you might not always have your wand on you. Nevertheless, love you until no end. I'll see you very soon.

Yours ever, Sirius

Sirius's gift to her had been wrapped in a cloth and tied with an attempted red ribbon.

Eleanor didn't know what to think as of what he meant by 'keep it on you'.

She carefully unwrapped the ribbon and cloth, only to see that what had been underneath it was somewhat unexpected.

It was a dagger.

Eleanor carefully opened the handle cover over the blade.

The dagger had been pure silver and newly sharpened at the edges.
She was now looking back at her morphed and blurred reflection.

She didnt know what to think, but given the circumstances of everything- It made sense that Sirius would get her such a thing.

Especially after their conversation the other night about Harry's dream and about having the feeling of being followed around constantly.

It was very much like Sirius to think ahead in case trouble was to come.

Eleanor now felt a sort of guilt for just getting Sirius a jacket for Christmas.

Knock knock

Eleanor whipped her head around. "Who is it?"

"Its me.. Harry." Said the voice from the other side of the door.

Eleanor smiled but it soon dropped after she remembered that Severus charmed her doorknob. "DONT OPEN THE DOOR! ILL BE OUT!" She shouted as she covered the dagger with the cloth before she had shoved it aside by her night stand. Eleanor ran across her bed before opening the door.