Joke, Not

Annabeth

After leaving her mother to sleep, Annabeth and the others went to see Luke. Thalia stayed back while everyone was fighting so she could protect Luke if anyone got into the big house. Thalia was sitting in the chair as she was feeding, the awake, Luke nectar.

"Guys," Luke started. "Look, I'm so sorry. I have..."

"Its fine, my boy. Thalia told us everything." Hermes said. Luke let out a sigh of relief.

"Thalia told me what happened after I died. So is everything about Gaea rising true?" Luke asked. He was wearing jeans and a white t-shirt. Luke looked fifteen or so.

"Unfortunately, yes, she is." Jason said.

"Man, you guys just beat Kronos. That sucks." Luke said. Everyone nodded.

"Luke, maybe you should rest some more. It's been a long day." Thalia said.

"Nah, I'm good. Just need to get up and walk a little." Luke said and got out of bed slowly. He stretched and started walking.

"Man, it's good to be alive again. No downside, no more curse of Achilles." Luke said. Lucy was in Percy's arms and she was confused.

"Who are you?" Lucy asked.

"I'm Luke. And you?" Luke asked.

"I'm Lucille Chase-Jackson. I like to be called Lucy." Lucy explained.

"Nice to meet you. She already knows English?" Luke asked.

"And Latin and Ancient Greek." Percy added.

"Already? It took me two years to get my Greek almost perfect." Luke said.

"Like mother, like daughter." Percy said and wrapped his arm around Annabeth's waist. Annabeth laid her head on Percy's shoulder and patted Lucy's head.

"Well, congrats." Luke said and smiled. He didn't look sad, in fact, he was happy.

Everyone filled Thalia and Luke with what happened today. Luke looked shocked and said,

"That's a great joke guys."

"Oh, that's not a joke." A voice said. Athena walked into the room and sat down.

"Ok, I believe you. What I'm wondering is, where's Beckendorf and Silena?" Luke said.

"What?" Everyone asked.

"They should have been here already. After I left, they were going to wait an hour before coming here." Luke explained. Then Jason bursts through the door.

"You guys have to see this. There's two knocked out kids." Jason said. Everyone, practically, trampled him. They ran to the beach where there was a mob. 'They're back. They're finally back.' Annabeth thought. Everyone pushed their way to the front where, sure enough, Silena was passed out in Beckendorf's arms. She looked like her old self and Beckendorf was the same as always.

"Hey guys, what's up?" Beckendorf asked. 'Great question.' Annabeth thought.