Fruit Salad (pt.2)

"Wait she said WHAT?" Hannah asks.

I was currently on the phone with her as I finished my college paper.

I sighed, "She said that she wants to come over and work on the song with me."

I wasn't really trying to think about it, it's been a couple of days since she has said anything to me.

"What the fuck? And she hasn't texted you back about it?" she asks.

I shake my head, giving up on working on my paper. I haven't even been able to work on music since our interaction. I've been too nervous for her to text me.

"No, and I don't want to text her and seem annoying or whatever," I say.

Hannah sighs, "Billie isn't like Cody, y/n she wouldn't do you like that."

I nod my head, not looking up at the screen. I just recently got out of a very controlling and abusive relationship of 2 years. Music has been my only cope since then.

"Don't stop writing because of this. I think you should take BIllie's advice and advance in your music, show it to your fans!" she says encouragingly.

I shrug it off, "I'll think about it. It's just hard, I really thought she was being serious about working with me."

Hannah pauses on the other end as she gets into her car, "I'm sure she is serious babe, you just have to give her time. She's probably got something going on, on her end."

I nod my head in response, "I guess you're right. I might go live later and just sing a few of my songs."

Hannah claps her hands excitedly, setting me down in her phone holder, "Yes! Please do it, you won't regret it."

I smile and shake my head, "Fine, but I have to practice the song on the piano. I really like it better on there instead of my uke."

Hannah nods as she backs out of her driveway, "Don't get discouraged. I'm sure Bil will text you. Until then, don't stop working! I know how much music means to you."

I blow her a kiss, "I'll let you go since you're fixing to be on the road. Love you." I clicked the end call button and set my phone down, curling up in a blanket on my couch.

I stared at nothing in particular as I thought. Why hasn't she texted me? What if something is wrong?

I know she is on break from tour, and it starts back up again in like 5 months.

Maybe she went to Finneas's house and is spending time with him over there. I can't let my thoughts get the best of me.

I groan and get up from my couch, going into my little studio. It definitely wasn't much. It just consisted of a couch, desk, piano, my uke stand and a bunch of leaves and flowers draping everywhere.

It was cute and small, just not something that is recording material. I sat in front of my piano, turning it on. I hesitated before placing my hands on the keys.

I am self taught; I've been playing ever since I was a kid. My parents never could really afford to send me to lessons, so I took that opportunity myself.

I sighed, lifting my hands from the keys and going to go and grab my song book.

I propped it up on my piano and starting to put my hands on the keys again. I started to play the melody so effortlessly, the music was just flowing out of me.

It was beautiful, it sounded so much better this way. Damn it Billie. Why the hell did you ghost me?

I started to sing a little bit with the piano, and messed around with the tempo a little. I decided after an hour of playing, I wanted to go live and share my music.