Merry Christmas

"Shark! Come on baby!" I heard Billie calling Shark and Pepper to go outside.

I was currently baking in the kitchen with Maggie, making a braided pie for dinner tonight at Finneas's.

It was Christmas Eve. All of us were wearing a light long sleeve, due to the slight chill outside in Los Angeles.

"Set the oven for 400?" asked Maggie.

"Yes, could you hand me a spoon?" she asks, mid mixing.

I set the oven to 400, before walking over to the drying dishes to grab a spoon.

"I have everything here, if you want to go and help Billie," she says with a smile.

I walked around the little table in the kitchen, heading outside. Billie was sitting on one of the benches, filming Shark and Pepper playing with each other.

I sit down next to her, wrapping my arms around her waist and pulling her close to my chest, burying her in kisses, "It's actually cold out here."

She giggles, turning around to hug me and kiss my lips, "I love you."

I smile, caressing her face, "I love you too, love bug. Everything okay?"

She nods her head, resting it on my shoulder, "Yes I just- well I'm super grateful for you. I don't know what I would do without you."

I pucker out my bottom lip, rubbing her back "Billie, stop. I'll cry-"

She sits up, grabbing and kissing my face, "No crying! It's Christmas Eve!"

"Bil!"

Billie and I look over to see Zoe and Drew walking into the backyard with gifts in hand. Billie smiles and waves them to come over.

"Hi babies!" I say, tackling them in hugs and kisses.

"I haven't seen you in forever y/n!" Drew says.

"I know, your traveling job has been going well?" Zoe asks as we all sit down at the bench table again.

I nod my head, "Billboard has me everywhere. I think I am going to be able to do at home work for the next few months though, while Billie goes on tour," I say confidently.

I work as a musical editor for Billboard. I interview artists about their hit singles and latest drama.

"Didn't you interview Justin Bieber last week??" Drew asks.

Billie rolls her eyes, "Yes and the bitch only got a photo with him."

Zoe gives me a bug eyed look. She knew I definitely got more than that for her, but she won't know until tomorrow. I got Billie a piece of Justin's unreleased merch. It's a hoodie, and he signed the tag. He also wrote her a note in a card.

I rub her shoulders, "He told me he loves you."

She shakes her head, laughing, "Ugh, fuck youuuu."

"Is your mom making braided bread?" Zoe asks.

I nod my head, "Yes, I've been up all morning making the dough with her."

"Shark!" Billie groans. He jumped into her lap, licking her face.

I get up, laughing as she lays down on the bench with Shark on top of her.

"When are we going to Finneas and Claudia's?" Drew asks, shivering.

"Drew its only like 60 degrees out!" I say.

She sighs, "Okay but its not cold here normally!"

"Well, me and Billie still have to get ready, but I'm sure in the next hour we can head over there?" I say, looking to Billie for approval.