Invasion of privacy (pt.2)

"I'm serious love bug, be nice," my dad says to me through my car speaker. I was on my way to work.. On my way to work with Billie. I groaned, "Fine, I'll try my best." He chuckles, "Thank you, I love you. I should be home by the end of the week." I smile as I turned into my parking spot, "So you'll be home in time for my birthday?" I was turning 19 this Friday. I was definitely going to be working with Billie all day, but all I really wanted was to see my dad. My mom passed when I was young, so he's all I really got. "Of course I will. Now get to work, love you," he says before hanging up. I put my car into park and fix my curls that are tucked away underneath an off white beanie. Today is going to consist of fucking madness. I listened to the song. When I tell you it absolutely needed work... Mallio actually said "yikes" out loud.

I shut off my car and opened my door, throwing on my skates. So what if I drove here in socks? Once I got them on, I rolled over to the entrance. I got into the building and looked down at my phone, rolling towards the elevator as I checked my emails. One from my dad with stats and top 100, a couple from Mallio and new song offerings for him, and one from Justin. I rolled my eyes and clicked on it; I was so not into this gig. He explained to me that Billie was going to be in his office and I needed to come down there to retrieve her. She couldn't wait for me in the studio waiting room? I scoff and click on Justin's floor. This is just time wasted. I still have to get my coffee. I shot a text to Mallio, letting him know the bullshit has already started this morning. He immediately sent me back a message, 'Push through it babe! Totally going out tonight.'

I laughed out loud as I started to skate down the hallway. Okay, I needed to collect myself and be professional for this. I shook my head and fixed my shirt as I made my way to Justin's door, taking off my skates and knocking. After a second, I walked in. I spotted Billie sitting on one of his couches with her brother, Finneas. My heart actually stopped at the sight of him, why was he here. I looked over at Justin who was busy with paperwork. "I need to sign anything or?" I asked him impatiently. He looks up at me, finally noticing that I was there and smiled, "Oh! y/n hey, yea just sign this saying you have her for the next few days. And Finneas." I crunch my nose and sit down, "Have? What do you mean have?" He sighs, "You're father didn't tell you? I have to go out of town, so you are in charge of these two while they are here. Making sure they get to their hotels safely, you have to stay with them at all times." My eyes widen as I yank out my phone, "I did not sign up to be a babysitter! I'm just here to be the song producer!"

Justin shakes his head and gets up from his spot as his phone starts to ring, "Sorry y/n, you're their temp manager now too. Don't forget to sign the papers, I have to go-" He walked out of his office and answered the phone, leaving me with Billie and Finneas in his office. No. Fucking. Way. I slowly turn around to see them both looking at me nervously. I shake my head and extend my hand, "I'm sorry uhm, I'm y/n." Finneas smiles at me and extends his hand for me to shake. I felt an electric spark go through my fingers as his hand grasped mine. I hesitated before looking over at Billie, who shook my hand lightly. Her touch felt like clouds, so fucking soft. I ran my fingers through my hair, "Wow uhm, my father didn't tell me I was taking temp manager position as well so let me just get caught up here-"

"I can catch you up for today. That way we can get started," Finneas says to me. I dart my eyes to his, staring for a second. "O-okay yea. Sounds good." He sits up, "Yea so Billie is booked with you all day, and I'm just supposed to be meeting new producers to be trying to collab with on the floors. Know anyone I could start with?" I nodded my head, "Mallio. He's new, but is super underrated. He matches your vibe as well." He looks up at me and smiles, "Sounds good, you want to show me to his office and take Billie with you?" I nod my head as I get up, grabbing the book of papers and throwing my skates over my back. Guess I can't use them right this second. As we made our way into the elevator, Billie finally speaks. "You guys skate around here and shit? That's cool as fuck." I look back at her, "Yea, it's something the producers do. Every floor kind of has their own thing." Opps, I didn't mean to sound bland. Her energy radiating off of her gave me such a sticky feeling; I wanted to take off all my clothes and shower. She was so intense, I didn't like it.