Special Chapter 3 - Drunk Love

~ Thank you for the comments on my writing and for being excited about the upcoming chapters! Hope you like this one ~

Hey! Not an official update - I apologize, getting it edited right now, so just hang in there guys. This chapter is another one that didn't make it to the final cut. It takes place right between chapters 31 and 32. So after Preston and Azura go to his presentation proposal event and then before Preston breaks things up with Veronica!

- Let me know if you think I should make this a part of the final edit for this story here -->

Again these special chapters won't give you any crazy plot development so if you ain't about reading it, all good. If you stick around, hope you enjoy it! 

**********

March 21, 10:45 PM - Local Pub, Chicago, IL Preston's POV

**********

Holding his drink up Preston smiled at everyone gathered around him, a sense of gratefulness washing over him.

"I truly am blessed," he started, unable to stop the smile on his face.

"To have such an amazing and supportive group of people who I can call my dear friends. Thank you for making this project possible. Here's to whatever the future holds and may it be only positive things!"

Everyone cheered and clinked their glasses around the table, before throwing the liquid down their throats.

The presentation had gone well, as his proposal was selected for the final selection. With that news in hand, he arranged a reservation at their local pub to say thank you to all those helped.

Aside from his usual posey, two other classmates from his class, Dylan, and Azura had joined in the celebration.

Taking his seat again, Veronica was seated beside him and gave his arm a squeeze. "That was so sweet Preston! I just know that things will work out for you!"

"Thank you, Veronica."

As Veronica tried to say something more, his attention was drawn away when he heard the familiar melodious laugh from further down the table.

Seated in between Dylan and his classmate Charan, Azura was happily engaging in conversation with the boys around her.

The seating plan he had constructed was to make sure Naomi was occupied with Jamal on one side of the table so that no unnecessary drama would ensue. That left Azura being the only girl at her portion of the table.

He knew she would be fine, hell he was even confident that she was enjoying it. But as he sat there and watched, his stomach twisted and a sudden jolt of angst rushed through him.

"Hey, Preston? Did you hear me?"

His head snapped to look at Veronica, who gave him a half-smile. "I asked if you wanted to join us at the pool table."

"Oh, um yeah, in a bit." Uncertainty flickered in her gaze as she stared at him for a second longer, but she accepted his answer and got up to leave with Naomi and Jamal.

Slowly but surely his eyes wandered back to Azura, who was nodding along to whatever Dylan was animatedly saying.

What is he telling her so intently? Was it something embarrassing I did? He can't be...unless...

"Sir! Sir, you order another round of drinks."

The impatient tone in the waiter's voice finally reached him and he again fumbled over his apology as he accepted the drinks that had reached him.