Epilogue - I got too excited...

Hello readers! This is the long-awaited Epilogue! 

Guys...let me tell you...when I said, this took 10 drafts...I legit mean, it took me 10 drafts. And I finished it just in time as this book hit...drum roll, please...

10k READS......1-0 FLIPPING THOUSAND READS!!!!!!

I HAVE NO WORDS because this has been my goal since I joined Wattpad almost 10 years ago. Thank you to all my readers! 

SOOO in celebration (and because this was long overdue...)

Ladies and gents, get yourselves ready for a rather long chapter...as the title says...I got too excited. SO excuse the length, but I do hope this satisfies Azura and Preston's fans because you'll see how far they've come. 

So without further ado...the epilogue :) 

PS. For those who will wonder later on, with what skill Preston stunned Azura with - the type of dance example is the video above! 

3 months later...

AZURA POV 

Panting heavily, Azura leaned her head against the metal car door she was taking cover behind. Her ears had finally adjusted to the loud and constant sound of guns firing as the enemy did their best to catch her.

"Fuck!" She shouted as she checked the last magazine in her handgun, which, at the moment, was extremely pathetic in comparison to the six automatic rifles being fired at her

"Where is my cover!" she bellowed to the tech person who was clambering about on the other end of her earpiece.

It wasn't her usual, Michael. Instead, a rookie, a nervous and fumbling boy in his mid-twenties, had been assigned to be her eyes and ears for this mission - courtesy of Mano. 

Another voice on her active channel tried to calm her down but failed miserably. "Hang in there, Azura."

"Shut up, Noble! I'm going to fucking kill Mano when we get back."

Two-week vacation, my ass. I should have known that man's personal vendetta against me would have become worse...

A paid vacation? Turning a blind eye to her breaking the rules? Accepting the threat from her previous target, now boyfriend?  It was all too good to be true. 

There was always a catch to when Mano was "nice."  And the catch? The mission she was on; the one where she was currently caught between enemy crossfire in the middle of the ghettos somewhere in Mexico.

"Hey, Mano's just jealous that he's not the most important man in your life anymore," Noble teased back, clearly unbothered by her initial snarky comment.

"He was never an," she paused as she counted the silent seconds, giving her a quick yet precious window to return fire.

Her bullets hit concrete, and she growled before ducking back down. "Important man in my life," she finished. Glancing at her wristwatch, she watched the second-hand tick by too slow for her liking.

"Rookie! Where is that cover?! I needed it yesterday!"

The voice became a squeak which only made Azura grimace in annoyance. "Rain fire's ETA is 15 seconds, Ma'am!"

"It better be god damn 15 seconds!" Azura didn't bother to hide her anger but directed her adrenaline coursed mind to scan the rather barren street for the next spot she could take cover behind.