Chapter 102

"i mean if she's strong why would she let herself remain in the tail of her best friend?.  why would she let those people spread rumors around her?, why would she let hadley use her?"

Chapter 102: Weak

There are two kinds of strength, it applies not only in kronos but as well in suzue's former world. 

physical and mental. obviously suzue is the former. she's physically strong while mentally she's a mess. why? well this two doesn't balance on their own.

if one focuses in their physical strength, they won't know if their mentality is as strong as their muscles.  

i mean if she's strong why would she let herself remain in the tail of her best friend?.  why would she let those people spread rumors around her?, why would she let hadley use her?

you can rely on her when it comes to fighting and planning but when it comes to emotional decisions and feelings, she's so weak that you'll expect her to break immediately.

this is probably because the happiness that she felt will only last for a few days and then the next thing are all nothing but neutral and she would let it happen even though she knew it's not favorable on her side.

heaving a sigh, suzue leans on the huge wall and shove all her insecurities away in her mind. 

she's always like this, when it's too much for her she will set those things aside, hoping she'll forget them the next day.

"As i thought you'll be here" suzue glance at the direction where the voice came from and saw a man with blond hair that shines with the sun, his tan skin fitted perfectly with his red eyes.

wearing his usual red robe, the male walks towards her with a calm expression that he always wears. 

"Your highness" suzue greeted without bothering to curtsy. if she show this kind of behavior in the palace or in front of everyone, she'll be immediately seen as disrespectful because it is a wrong thing to do in front of a noble, especially a prince.

Ryan didn't mind her attitude and stood beside her.

Ryan secretly left the house when no one is looking, he's certain that clive is already looking for him right now in panic.

but he doesn't care, he wanted to be alone with the woman just once.

he just wanted to ask her about her relationship with the certain male, she just wanted to ask her about her being, she wanted to ask her about whats he heard few months ago, is he really just a character? wha t oes she thinks of him?

and most of all he wanted to happily talk to her, he wanted to tell her he likes her. likes her?

does he really like her? tsk impossible. he couldn't.

if he does... he'll just get hurt.

"what is it?" suzue questioned when she felt the stare of the male.

ryan almost choked when he heard her spoke suddenly.

"nothing"

"come on your highness just say it"

so he did.

"do you like him?"

the question caught suzue off guard, she stared wide eyed at the prince and then laugh.

her laugh might be forceful but as a calculative lady s she is, she knows showing the force laugh can lead her in disadvantage situation.

"I didn't know, you also like to gossip your highness?"

ryan didn't smile nor laugh and stared at the sky. her answer was vague but there wasn't a denial on it but he felt his chest tighten at the thought that suddenly appeared on his mind.

so he repeated the question.

"Do you like him?"

she didn't answer at first, but ryan clearly understood her silence.

he wishes he didn't ask again because her answer was so painful it leave him breathless.

"i don't know, hehe kai and i are just friends. and besides he doesn't like me"

he didn't said who he was referring though.

ryan felt helpless, he felt weak.

he always felt weak whenever the woman is involve.

"anyway, lately i've been dreaming things i couldn't understand" it's better to run away.

if he wouldn't... he will feel hurt more.

"what is it?" suzue felt funny.

first the prince is gossiping now he's sharing about his dreams. 

"Well i couldn't remember fully but i could remember a scene from it. if i remember correctly. there's a man who's an investor of a project. this project is about connecting the consciousness of the comatose patients into one using an authentic-like dream or a game like that looks like reality. that's all i could remember"

suzue fell into silence hearing his narration.

"what a weird dream." that's all she could comment causing the prince to laugh,.

the atmosphere is awkward, so awkward that suzue decided to break it by teasing the prince

"anyway i notice you aren't on your tsundere self your highness"

ryan stared blankly at the woman and then raises a brow.

"But i am not a tsundere, yes i can't say the things in my mind. but i don't act like defensive" 

this time, suzue raises a brow. in the game, the prince is a real tsundere, he doesn't show it to others but just in his group of friends, especially to the woman she likes, hadley.

but today, suzue intently observe the male. he possesses this mature and calm temperament that only belongs to a person who went through many things causing them to mature by earlier by age and mind. 

it's indeed different from the usual prince.

ryan felt uncomfortable at the lady's stare and couldn't help but laugh awkwardly.

"I am not a tsundere, i am different from ryan prescott on the otome game. youth like you plays"

"what?"

"huh?"

the pair stared at each other in surprise.

"what do you mean by that?"

yeah, what do i mean by that, rya thought on his mind and frown.

did his tongue slip because he always wanted to ask about the game but why did it feels like he's very familiar with those words.

"I don't know" he said noticing suzue still waiting for his answer

"you know what let's just go back" they tactfully walk back to the village.

suzue frown when she remembered the dream that ryan shared.

she didn't want to jinx herself by seeing that she is one of those patients.

and it's impossible too, after all she was eaten by fire... unless after she lose her consciousness, they were saved no, no it's impossible. the fire is so large and the fire fighters were still on their way towards the school.

suzue is certain. that dream ryan had, has a huge role on the reason why they are here.

and she knows kai has something to do with it.