Chapter 11

"There is no light without shadow, just as there is no happiness without pain."

- Isabel Allende

Chapter 11: Darkness

"Feel your surroundings and embrace the energy the darkness possesses"  i heard him said and i kneels on the ground and silently closes my eyes and relaxes my body.

"When you manage to feel it find the spiritual energy of the shadow, the shadow would accompany you through darkness and the darkness would show you the beauty of emptiness... Remember there is no light without shadow, don't be afraid to grasp it, the courage would be your bridge towards your power"

I took a deep breath and silently welcomed the coldness of the wind, i remained still for a couple of minutes when i felt something shifted below me

Slowly the movement below me become clearer it was warm and it's slowly moving towards my hands.

And twirls around me,

"When you finally find it opened your eyes slowly"

The duke's voice was soft and gentle and i did what he told me, i slowly opened my my eyes and darkness greeted me, i roam my eyes around and went back to feeling my surroundings,

Suddenly i felt a strong breeze in my back my attention shifted towards behind me and i saw nothing when i turn my head in front of me i was greeted with a huge snake like figure that has scales.

It was dancing in the emptiness, it's not black but white instead and there's a touch of black in it's body, it's a dragon.

It circled around me, i was about to say something when everything become bright causing me to close my eyes when my eyes eyes, i found my self sitting in a plain field with nothing around me.

There's no shadow around just light and me however i remember fa- the duke said that there's no without shadow.

I raised both my arms and there it was my shadow. I lowered my arms and touches it, my eyes widen when it suddenly become huge and engulfs me.

My eyes snap open and i was greeted by my father sitting in front of me watching me with concern.

He raises his hand and touches my cheek and gently wipes a sweat that runs down towards my cheek.

"You've been gone for a few hours... Good job, i'm proud of you" a wild smiled appeared on my lips.

"So how do you feel?" My head tilted and i raises my hand.

"I feel much more lighter and livelier... " i answered lazily making him twitch in annoyance.

"You don't look like one at all, okay try emitting a bit of your power, raise you hand and feel the energy that is running in your system"
I don't understand about what he said but i still did what he wanted me to do.

I raise my right hand and silently took a deep breath and started searching for an energy throughout my body and the duke is right there's something new about this body.

When the feeling started become clearer i started producing it and slowly at the top of my hand a small black circular energy appears, i tried enlarging it and succeeded.

"Can you still go on?" I nod and he smile

"Form it into a Triangle"

I nod and did my best to command it to turn into a triangle and i succeeded but it pops into sparkles and disappeared both of us stared at my arms and sigh in sync.

"You must be tired let's do this again tomorrow."

"En"

.
.
.
.

I sigh for a hundred times... I couldn't understand priest gabriel at all..i was being honest and he kicked me out my room.

I still remembered what he said at me.

'If you keep on doing nothing, you'll turn into a useless deadbeat!, what do you mean your father and sister would take care of you till your last breath?!, go outside and buy our groceries this instant! Don't make me dragged you outside young lady!'

Man, i wonder where's the gentle priest i know... Another few pass since my first practice on my ability, father haven't visited again because the king assigned him for a mission.

It's still embarrassing calling the duke my father but i'm getting hang on it.

Oh and i find out that in this world especially on the nobles, marrying your cousin isn't considered incest, that's why Lilith was engaged to the prince, i know everyone is already aware of it but ignorance is a bliss.

I lazily stared at the apple on my hand and throes it on the ear and caught and keep on repeating this action when suddenly an arrow pierced on my apple so when i caught my apple a silver arrow is already pierced on the apple.

I stared blankly at my food and sigh for a hundred and one times.

"Stay away from Miss Hadley!"

I flinch when i heard that name, i composes my self and stared at the culprit of piercing my arrow.

"Hehe trying to be brave huh little brother, you are lucky the arrow didn't manage to hit you"

"Bastard!"

"Let's go of Hadley this instant!"

My eyes landed to a creepy man holding the little girl hadley however my eyes widen when i notice another girl in his hands.

"Let go of my sister you imbecile!"

"E-e-ehhh Ezu?!" With a mad dash i rushes towards the scene, planted my feet on the ground and made a jump kick and i hit him straight on the face.

"Y-you?! Brat!" I pulled lilith behind me and caught his hand which is ready to punch me, his eyes widen and my eyes dilated and without hesitation i twisted his hand and a loud bone cracking echoes, gasp filled the air and a loud scream followed.

"You dare touch my sister with that filthy hands of your, how dare you?" He started pissing himself causing me to hop away from him.

"Ah" i exclaimed when my actions finally sins into my brain with another word i placed my right on my chest where my heart lies and bowed apologeticaly to the man.

"My apologies, it wasn't intentional"

"You?! Br-brat! You're crazy!!" I ignore him and fixes my clothes that got mess up because of my action.

"Ezu! You shouldn't have done that" i lazily shifted my attention to lilith and intertwine our hands.

"I'm sorry, it wasn't intentional" she sweat drop and smiled at me, my eyes slight lit up when i saw her smiling.

"Where's you guards? Why are you alone here? I shall tell father to fire those men"

"No it's fine i came here with my own will" my eyes widen and shrinks immediately.

"Then please go out with me- ouch"

"Don't just go saying stuff like that!" I rub my head and hugs her and nuzzles my head on her neck and then that's when i notice four kids staring at us.

"Are they your friends?"

She smiled happily but the sadness hidden on it didn't escape my eyes.

"Yes they are, ahmm Ezu this is your highness Ryan Prescott, his knight Clive Wallace, the prodigy mage Tatum lockwood and his genius sister Hadley lockwood"

I lazily bowed as a greeting.

"Everyone this is my sister, Suzue Reed"

"Sister??"
The four asks in surprise causing me to raise my eyebrow.

"Yes i am her sister"