Chapter 65

"The mind is just like a muscle - the more you exercise it, the stronger it gets and the more it can expand."
― Idowu Koyenikan

Chapter 65: 5th day of repeat

"Welcome back" i hum and patted noah on the head.

after encountering kai, he suddenly disappeared as if he wasn't there in the first place which is odd.

wait i felt that i forgot something.

ah right i saw him before leaving the Gi.

if i remember correctly he has a mark of spades in his left eye.

i know lucas told me that our enemy are the spades.

and i hold on to that.

as a heir of avaleon dukedom whoever is a threat is an enemy.

the spade wants to complete the deck and obtain the power of the deck of cards.

then i need to stop it... wait why do i need to stop it.. it's considered as helping others right?

I have nothing to benefit from it considering the jokers aren't exactly part of the deck.

i should just ignore it...it's not like i would hesitate to face him as an enemy but because i know i can't defeat him.

i can't even defeat father and his father who's the knight major of the avaleon's order.

yeah i need to defeat his father first... i found out that he's the genius son of the darius famiglia.

genius... tsk i hate geniuses. i work hard to obtain this knowledge and strength and those geniuses only need to study little and they would immediately excel.

both of us went back to our room and notice ethan and jasmine weren't there.

which is strange, did someone kidnap them?!

"both of them went outside for a stroll" i nod and both of us went back to the lobby and sat down for a coffee.

"do you remember anything that happened before i picked you up?"

he nods and timidly put down his cup.

"after my master died i wanted to turn around and go back to the Dasos but... a woman who saw me wanted to help me clean my wounds and fed me so i entered the land with her"

he pauses and frown.

"After everything, i decided to leave but then something stop me from leaving... ah i mean there's no barrier or anything something just told me i shouldn't leave"

"So i did i stayed."

Who told him that?

"And then a group of men cornered me on a alley and tried to ahmm molest me but failed because i killed them. and got my self wounded in the process of protecting my self"

he talk so slow and gentle. i feel like i want to sleep. i yawn and urges him to continue when he stop talking.

"sorry if i bore you" i wave my hand as a dismissal and waited for him to talk.

explosion suddenly appeared again succeeding on putting a scowl on my face.

noah jolted at the explosion but immediately went to talk again after seeing the deep scowl on my face

"And then i saw you walking, you saw me too but ignored me which is actually very you"

why is he talking as if he really knows me.

is he a stalker?

he probably notice the stare i am giving him making him explained himself.

"no no, i mean i felt that you are the kind of person who won't help just anyone in need, o offense.. Ezu you are very kind but you seem like you hate humans"

i don't hate them... i just strongly dislike them.

i rub my nape and scowl at the explosion that echoed... is no one stopping them?

"Since i was a child i'm deeply sensitive to things that would greatly affect me, causing me to have a great luck. but my master who's my mother's uncle wanted to kill her. so i made a deal to make me his slave for my mother's safety and he accepted.

something tells me it's a bad idea but i didn't listen, leading me to this."

i just wanted to know why he's saying like he knows me, i am trying to know his background story but whatever.

i put down my cup on the table when i heard another explosion.

This is getting on my nerves.

"Anyway what happened after i walk away?"

he nibbles his lower lip, thinking deeply.

"After that... people walk by like you as well. and then the night came, it was cold and there was no one, i didn't manage to sleep because of the cold and the stores are close as well. no one wanted to make me stay in there houses.

but there's this woman who gave me a bread and told me to go home and take care of my self. i have no home so i went back to the lady who help me but she said she doesn't know me but was willing to help me.

but i decline

It's as if my luck isn't working after staying here.

and then morning came and i saw you once again and you walk by, then people walk pass me as well. the same kid, the same group of people, at first i ignored it but then night came.it was raining and i know the strong deja vu i felt was not real after experiencing the rain.

but then the same woman appeared, but this time she has an umbrella with her

she gave me a bread and said the same thing, "go home and take care of yourself"

i have a strong feeling that this already happened twice. and then i saw you again."

he pauses and nervously bit his lip.

"i didn't believe that it's possible for something to happened thrice. i told myself that you just like to stroll, but then at the fourth day i saw the same woman and then you and then today too but today is different you decided to picked me up"

"so you are saying things didn't happened twice but five times?"

he nod.

"the first was when we entered the land"

I went quietly and observe my cup which doesn't have a coffee inside anymore.

Everything seems confusing.

"Why did the lady forget you?"

"It probably because we entered the land in the afternoon, everything starts from there?"

But it doesn't make sense for the lady to forget him if this is a time loop.

I have a strong hunch. but i need a confirmation.

and i can't do that because of the lack of sleep and the noises!

"We're back"

"Welcome back"

"oi woman, what are you thinking i didn't know you have brain for thinking"

my eye twitch and i didn't hesitate to land a hit on his head.

"This is child abuse!"

"Who cares, are you even a child"

"Tsk childish hag"