Chapter 72

"You are beautiful, no not inside, saying that would be cliche and i haven't seen your insides too.. that would be really weird if i have... but i said what i said. you are beautiful."
- Suzue Reed

Chapter 72: Brothel

[Suzue Reed]

i opened the door and entered the brothel. the fragrance of roses and after sex lingers around the place.

It smells disgusting... but i choose to torture myself so here i am.

why am i even here anyway... ah right.

curiosity... curiosity can really kill you ah.

i inserted both of my hands inside of my pocket and roam my eyes around the places.

A woman with black hair tied into a bun with a pretty flower head dress on her head.

"Hello, good afternoon miss?" she seems surprise seeing me in here.

i just stared at her lazily and observes the whole room.

there's a red couch with women and men sitting on it. tables filled with alcohol and and snacks.

"WHat can i help you with?"

i glance back a the woman and flashes her a smile before answering.

"i was just curious about this place. is my presence makes you uncomfortable?"

i gently ask. she blink twice and smiled.

she's really pretty... actually every women in this brothel are all pretty.

a woman will surely feel insecure. i couldn't see a single flaws on their body... not even an acne.

Wow i wonder what's there secret?

"Ahm are you going to stay for a while or are you going to be on your way?"

"i'm staying"

i know she's thinking why is a lady interested in this place.

she lead me on the corner of the room. on a couch that wasn't occupied.

i sat down and she immediately went away to get my drink and food.

The service in a brothel is good. and someone would accompany you when you are drinking.

i cross my legs and places one of my arm on the top of the couch and observes the other table.

A man is kissing a woman sitting on his arms.

the woman is giggling and the man is smiling while eating her mouth.

however, the blank and dull expression of the woman's face didn't escape in my eyes.

it isn't that visible but it was there. one wouldn't notice it immediately but if one will observe her intently, you'll immediately notice it.

i guess everyone has their own reason why they are doing in this place.

i saw the woman walking back to my side. she places the drink and food on the table and handed me a glass filled with alcohol.

i never consumed an alcohol before but i guess i'll try one.

i heard alcohol are pretty addictive.

but i guess experiencing it is the best solution to this problem.

it's actually not a problem but who cares. i can say what i'll say.

"do you want me to accompany you?"

i glance at the girl and smiled lazily.

"Sure" he sat beside me an, an inch away from my body. she's sitting literally on the side where's my arm is laying on.

Making on thanks that i am embracing her. i don't mind though.

"Sorry that i sat too close to you. but our madam will be furious if i wouldn't act like how i act when serving the other masters"

"it's fine, i don't mind. a beautiful lady sitting closely beside me is not a bad idea."

i saw her cheeks turning red causing me to smile a bit.

If kai said the same thing to me i will act the same way as her.

but if he said it to a woman who's name is not suzue, i'll slice him to pieces and gobble him up so no one can have him.

bon appetite i say.

"thank you... i guess i am just beautiful outside. i am a prostitute after all"

i was about to open my mouth when she spoke again.

"And don't say i am beautiful inside too, i already heard it too many times"

she looks broken. i yawn and closes my eyes and leaned on the couch before talking.

"You are beautiful, no not inside, saying that would be cliche and i haven't seen your insides too.. that would be really weird if i have... but i said what i said. you are beautiful."

it wasn't a consolation and i made sure that i showed it on my tone.

i can sense her staring at me and her hand slowly touching my shirt.

"My name is Rose Lockwood... i am not part of the the well known lockwood that's why everyone just calls me Rose. and eventually everyone forgot my surname"

i opened my eyes lightly and glance at her beside me.

she's staring at her hands playing on the end of my long sleeve shirt.

"i was sent here when they found out that i have a blood of a mermaid. merfolk are beautiful and they have a enchanting charisma.

Long ago, us merfolk lives freely in this land but after the lord was change. merfolk were slowly changed and was we were forced to become his slaves.

After his death his son took over and he turned the merfolk as prostitutes and serves men.

all of us inside in this brothels are all half merfolk."

i never thought my curiosity to something can give me some interesting information like this.

this is really interesting.

"Where are the pure bloods now?"

she purses her lips and leans over me ad i did the same.

"The pure bloods are caged on the bottom of the lord's castle... the myth of mermaids in this nero aren't just a legend... they are real... we are real. and if one day someone would save them... the merfolk will serve them till their death as a gift for saving us."

that's the same as having them on our side right?

lilith can benefit on this. but her memory is still of that of jasmine.

i might be the heir... but my sister comes first to everything.

wait come to think of it... this past few days I've been admitting that i am the heir of the avaleon dukedom

this can't be... i haven't accepted it yet.

ruling a dukedom is troublesome and boring.

i'll probably just end up asleep or the whole day.

"i ca-" my words were cutt off when a scream attracted our attention.

both us stared at the source of the sound and froze on our seat.

there it is standing a pair of men staring at us in shock.

One who's pointing at the girl beside me and the other coldly glaring at me.

"My lord/darling"

"who's this woman darling"

"How dare you flirt with my rose?!"