Chapter 104

"we should investigate. in the movies when something like this happen, there are zombies or it might be a village where a virus resides"

Chapter 104: Land of Fotia 

What suzue predicted actually happened. the next day as soon as the sun appeared.

a carriage stops in front of the tree house they were staying.

suzue saw the badge of the carriage and frowns.

"It's the royal family's carriage" ryan heard her whispered and took a peak at the window.

"i guess the program is done?. you guys said that we are in a program organized by your school right?. then we should get going" tatum said with a hint of tiredness in his voice.

he seems to be not interested with what is going on around him causing the others to sigh excluding suzue who's nibbling her lower lo[ while staring at the carriage.

she seems to be lost in her thoughts.

"What are you thinking? ezu?" lilith couldn't help but ask.

she always sees her sister thinking, she knows that ezu is a smart person so she knows she notice something out of ordinary.

"lilith, i want you to go home with ethan" she suddenly said not bothering to share her thoughts which is very unusual.

The girl was startled, instead of asking why she simply agreed and went to pack their things.

"weird" she thought. 

suzue never hide anything from her unless she asks. but today is different.

she took another quick glance towards her sister before entering the room.

suzue purses her lips in displeasure and inserted both her hands inside her pocket.

"do you think. they know that we were -" ryan didn't finish his sentence when suzue stared at him, with a gaze that silently says to shut up.

a very disrespectful action to do towards a royal. ryan once again didn't bother caring about it and went to close his mouth.

"you should get going your highness" suzue stared at the side and saw another carriage. it's the carriage that belongs to the avaleon family.

"what's your plan?" ryan whispered 

"I'm going to the land of fotia."

"what about the mermaids?" suze took a deep breath and glance at the white haired man standing not a bit far away from them.

"the mysteries seems to be getting deeper and deeper if i follow the normal path." she vagualy said.

and then added, "i feel like the answer is just in front of me" she frowns and leans away from the window and walks towards the man who makes her feel possessive.

ryan stared at the walking back and rubs his earlobe.

"Clive"

"Your highness?" the ever quiet like statue clive bows down as respect, waiting for an order.

"i want you to accompany miss. avaleon" 

"of course"

happy? no he isn't. clive, despite feeling something unusual towards the girl.

he know that it isn't something that could make him choose her instead of the person whom he grew up with.

he felt a bit displease but accepted.

he glance at the prince , then towards suzue who's talking to kai.

and then went back to being a statue.

"i'm going to fotia, where are you going?"

kai stared intently at the beautiful woman in front of him.

she acted like everything that happen to them was nothing but a small episode that doesn't affect the entire season of a story.

he does't know if he should be happy or angry. all he knows that he was wrong. he was in the wrong.

this person is his property but she's still human who will feel hurt and knows how to fall in love.

between the two of them... she's more human.

what is he then? a monster?.

"i'm sorry" he unconsciously blurted out.

"what?. what do you mean by that?, you are not going with because you are sorry or something?" kai simply smiled and caress her cheek using the back of his fingers.

her cheek is soft and smooth. he suddenly feel the urge to bite her.

"aw. what are you doing?" 

ah i guess he already did.

leaning away from the soft cheeks he smiled innocently at her and rubs the part where he bit her.

"i'm coming with you"

everything happened too fast.

lilith and ethan left with the prince and the other two. ethan was reluctant at first but suzue chopped the top of his head causing him to shut up and got angry at her.

so he entered the carriage in anger, deciding to leave her.

the coachman didn't agree on her decision on being left behind but knowing the fact that she's the heir and the boss. he didn't said anything and left with her siblings.

hadley was happy seeing her staying behind so on her way back to the school her face are full of smiles.

"i wanted to go with you but i want to help my mother" noah said, so on suzue's way to fotia all she have on her side is a pair of men who are so quiet.

the other is his nature and the other just decided not to talk.

whe they arrive at the land of fotia, the amount of talking can be counted to 20 sentences.

all of them were asking for directions, food and common questions such as 'it's about to get night, let's find some firewood', 'i saw a river nearer'.

the way to the land of fotia is different towards the other land where you can find a road that will lead you towards it.

on this land you need to walk inside the forest to arrive quickly, if you are riding in a carriage you need to travel across two mountains and it would take them 3 days. 

so they decided to travel on foot. it took them 2 days.

normally it's just a day, but they got lost on the way so it took them another day.

when they arrive at the land of fotia it was unexpected.

"so where are the ruined houses and messy place?" suzue couldn't handle the awkward silence and asked.

after entering the land what greeted them is a peaceful village.

no ruined houses, no burnt flags or something.

and the weirdest things is.

no residents. nothing.

"we should investigate. in the movies when something like this happen, there are zombies or it might be a village where a virus resides"

suzue took a deep breath causing smoke to appear. she pat her coat, removing the snow that sticks on it before agreeing with clive's words and then pauses.

"wait what?"

"what?"