Chapter 17

"I took him for a kind of buffoon. Now I see he is a devil."

-Iris Murdoch, The Green Knight

Chapter 17: Eques Class

[3RD Person]

Everyone stared at the... They assume their teacher standing in front of the classroom grinning like an idiot.

He's young and seems like possesses the same age as them, then their eyes shifted towards the only lady in the room, her sitting is formal and elegant, hands were resting in her lap silently.
Eyes closed and hair is neatly tied in a ponytail.

Then their eyes shifted again toward other person sitting inside the room, they clearly know him .. They heard about him in the rumours. But rumours can't be easily trusted.
Especially if the rumoured prince's prodigy knight is younger than them and looks very lean and skinny.

Their eyes shifted towards the teacher again who's waiting for them to enter the room and so they did after confirming that they are in the right class.

Eques class is known for as the class for prodigies, apprentices of a well known knight, and aspiring knights. It is also well known as a class for troublesome students.

So you can't blame them for having second thoughts on entering the class after witnessing two proper people who look weak and younger than them.

They denied the possibilities of them being outsmart and stronger than them because first of all people already regarded them as knight prodigies and swordsmanship geniuses, and this three are younger than them... What are they?, monsters??

So no no it's impossible for them to accept that they are the same as them.

The Seven Eques students stared at each other and silently laughs.

Yeah... They're diffinitely not

"So.. Everyone's here.. Once again goodmorning, i am Angus, your teacher for this year, it is a pleasure to meet you" Angus cheerily greeted the students.

He notice that Wallace remained motionless and His grace's daughter seems have fallen asleep, and the other students were staring at him with mockery.

He ignored their stares and hums cheerfully

"So may i know your names and expertise? Let's start with you"

He pointed at the very back students who immediately smiled and stood up with his chin up.

"I am Gregory Felix, Apprentice of the great Fredrick Miller, Knight Captain of De blanc's White knights"

Everyone claps and cheers causing Clive wallace to opened his eyes and stared at the commotion and went back to staring in front. It made Suzue woke up in fright too.

Angus notice it and sweat drop.

The next student went to introduce again and the next student and so on so fort till it went to Clive's turn who immediately stood up and bows.

"I am Clive Wallace, His highness Prince Rylan Prescott of anemos' Personal knight, My expertise lies towards Swords and blades"

He sat down and everyone stared at Suzue who slowly stood up lazily and bows.

"Suzue Reed... my proficiency is in Agility"

Among all the students.. Suzue has the shortest introduction.

Well there's a fact that she's lazy to say anything and the instruction is just about the name and expertise of the student.

She might be just following the instruction or just lazy to say more.

Angus smiled and claps

"Okay everyone.. It's time for us to go to the field"

Everyone groans except Suzue and Clive, both of them just stood up and calmly followed the teacher who gleefully walks out the room..

Every student who wasn't in the class stared at them both in awe and hatred.

Awe because they are knights who excels and hatred because they're not nobles.. And just a mere knight.

When they reach they are only few students hanging around chatting and also a group of students who are playing instruments creating a refreshing music that echoes throughout the field.

"Okay students-" before Angus could instruct them the students immediately scatter and went to practice their own.

Angus sweat drop and stared at the two remaining students instead who silently waited for his instruction he smiled and scratches his head.

"You two go spar, i want to know your skills" the pair nods and walks towards the empty part of the field.

The pair bowed and sync and unsheathes their blades causing angus to panics.

"Wait wait no using actual blades use this instead" he immediately went to grab two wooden swords and gave them to duo who throes their blades away and accepted the swords.

They stared at each other and the battle begins.

Angus smiled at the sight, he was right on not doubting the strength of the two obedient students

The headmaster said that Clive Wallace's is very good at handling blades, his expertise lies on swordsmanship. When battling he won't hesitate to be on attack first, he would grab every opportunity that landed in front of him.

He's always on offense sides and would always attack however if you think he would just attack you're wrong, Clive wallace won't become the prince's knight if he would use such reckless battle behaviour.

Clive when battling would attack but his brain would still functioning silently reading his opponents movemenys.
He's truly a genius.

   His grace told him how monster like her daughter when it comes to battling, underestimating her would be a wrong move.

Suzue reed proficiency lies on her agility, she's very fast with or without the use of the card's abilities, the wind seems to be cooperating and submitting to her and the blades seems to fit rightly on her hands.

She likes playing with her opponents movement it's as if she's manipulating her opponent till he become trapped on her little finger and turned into her puppet.

She's very suitable to be the Black joker's holder.. Manipulating the darkness become easy to her and controlling an enemy as if they were her shadows seems like a piece of cake for her.

Monster, that's how he describes her daughter.

And the duke was right,

Angus with jaw drop stared at the now fallen Clive lockwood and a standing suzue reed pointing the wooden sword the young man's neck dangerously.

Both of their uniforms wear a mess and has a tears as if they were caused by sharp weapons.
Blades to be exact but everyone clearly saw that both of them were holding wooden blades.

And the sword pointing at Clive lockwood's neck seems like a real blade.

Angus was right at switching their weapons into wooden swords, he sigh and stared at the duo with disturbed expression.

Everything happened too fast...because Before he knows it ... The fight was done.

"You won"

"It seems so"