Chapter 23

"Life is not a game. Still, in this life, we choose the games we live to play."
― J.R. Rim

Chapter 23: Game of life

"Oh? where you going suzue?" i stared silently at tatum,

if i remember clearly, hadley labeled him as a 'cold genius', he's a mage apprentice who was thrown away after his master died, he's a genius and holds the card of ace... the heroine manage to capture him using the innocent good at magic type of woman,

in his route, you just need to remain at the top student of the class if you couldn't then you just need to excel at something that would capture his interest.

her way of capturing him sounds like luring a potential mad scientist,

i stared at tatum's pair of gentle eyes, they were not cold nor emotionless, they look normal to me... but she said his eyes were like this because she change him when she they were still children.

early birds catches worms after all...she also said that she thinks tatum is just pretending, so he won't make her mad and he might still be holding to her words of him not smiling will make her mad at him and won't talk to him for a week.

i close my eyes and opened them again and observes him, how his forehead crease and his cheeks reddening and how his posture starting to stiff and how he started fidgeting.

they look normal and tatum to me...

i remember he smiles and talks calmly at the prince and clive too like how friends talk to each other, his smiles and laugh were genuine and sincere.

come to think of it, Clive is a capture target too, according to hadley, clive is the toughest to capture, because he's all attention and care were fully devoted to the prince, she labeled him as the knight type.

to capture him the player or the heroine need to capture the prince too and made clive laugh and notice you, to make him notice you, you need to protect the prince from danger or make him realize the purpose of life.

Clive holds the card of the jack, which possesses the ability of regeneration, so technically Clive is what you call an immortal.

showing him the purpose of life can minimize his will to die and there's a huge chance that he would protect you too if you manage to capture him..

the whole story is bit suspicious to me...

"are you okay suzue?" i snap back out of my thoughts and found myself still staring at Tatum, i shakes my head as a yes and started walking away.

Hadley also mentioned about a hidden character, but she doesn't have any information about him all she knows if you want to go the harem route you need to completely capture the hidden character

after capturing the hidden character you can go defeat the devil, The devil holds the deck of cards the powerful among the cards, the deck of cards hold the ability similar to a necromancer.

if i remember correctly necromancy is the practice of magic involving communication with the dead - either by summoning their spirits as apparitions, visions or raising them bodily - for the purpose of divination, imparting the means to foretell future events, discover hidden knowledge, to bring someone back from the dead, that's what googled told me when i searched it once in my previous life,

the villainess on the book is my sister, Lilith Avaleon, favored by the terrifying duke and the fiance of the prince, she's called Little miss perfect by every noble... good at maiden works, intelligent, beautiful, elegant, and came from a good family.

every noble wants her to be part of their family, a pity she's obsess with the prince, chasing him around, and wooing him at every second she's free.

when the player manage to capture the prince, Lilith would start bullying her, taunting and hurting her causing the prince to develop deeper feelings towards the heroine.

after capturing Clive, lilith would humiliate her in the public, all the nobles would mock her and speak ill of her and then when the heroine finally captures Tatum, lilith would back off.. is what every player would think.

because while your searching for the hidden character among the possible characters you would suddenly suddenly find yourself dead,the lady of Avaleon would kill you.

to avoid dying you need to turn her sister as your ally, after having her as ally, the prince, the knight, and the genius mage would take action to punish the lady.

They would torture her, gouge out her eyes, removes her tongue and nails, destroy her beauty and cut off her limbs. The duke won't make a move because of having The sister on your side.

The sister is the key for you to find the hidden character... the thing is... making the sister pull her to your side is very difficult because 1. she's very obsess and protective to her sister... 2. she's hella strong inviting her to a duel would be a mistake and lastly, she's smart, she would criticize every world you'll say, one wrong move she'll kill you.

Suzue reed is the real incarnate of the duke, she might be the illegitimate one but she's the heir and the most favored between the two, because after all she's the daughter of the first wife the child who was throw away.

after knowing my sister's fate, i felt a sharp pain in my chest... the thought of me giving her that pain makes me angry and the urge of killing myself risen.

"there you are suzue" i grimly stared at the prince causing him to freeze on his steps and stared at me in worry

"are you okay?"

i didn't answer him and remain walking,

i'm not okay... not one a bit.

not just by the thought of me killing my sister... but by something else.

what is it? i don't know.

and i fucking hate it.