19|monster's tale

"Even so that you're my girlfriend," Levi started when he gave her back her knife. He felt the word, 'girlfriend', in his mouth so foreign. "I don't know much about you at all." He continued. He recalled how her eyes glinted with pure malice and her smile was sadistically scary, the way she handled her knife properly. Alyssa only watched him and slowly took her knife from his open palm.

"You never ask." She says simply. "I would answer whatever your question is." She continued, putting her knife in its holder and put it in her pockets. She was waiting for him to speak, she was curious herself what her lover would ask her. Was it about her being called a monster and seen as a monster by some people?

"Why is it that you have beautiful eyes but you hold such malice?" he asked quietly. "You have eyes of a killer, Alyssa." Alyssa froze when she heard that coming from him. He lived in the underground and some of the people in the underground fought to kill and claim something they wanted. He knew that look more than anyone in this wagon.

"Because, I was." She answered calmly, her voice was calm but her body wasn't. Her heart was beating fast and she could feel it. She was waiting for his response or another question at least.

"Tell me about it." He said quietly. "Why did you call yourself a monster? Erwin mentioned once that he was slightly terrified of you, not because just you were cunning but you were also a monster." He said emphasizing it. Alyssa did not show any reaction instead she kept her composure. Alyssa almost laughed, now she knew why Erwin was terrified of her.

"You lived in the underground didn't you?" She asked and Levi's head shot up at her direction. His intense eyes stared into her soul. "I take that as a yes. Allow me to tell you a story so you would basically understand why I called myself a monster." She said watching his expression and reaction in her question. "My mother lived in the Underground."

"How?"

"She was very much trained, some guy hated my father being the bastard he is. He paid her to kill my father, but once my father laid my eyes on my mother he instantly fell for her while my mother tried to do the job but my father was always one step ahead." She explained,

"He knew that my mother was someone that an enemy of his paid to kill him and end his bastard ways, but my mother realized that my father was richer than the man paid for her, instead of killing my father she killed the one who gave her the job." She chuckled and ran a hand on her hair ruffling it on her own.

"My mother was a materialistic person since she suffered in the Underground, she had no money unless someone will pay her or she will steal money." She continued explaining. "It's cliché to be honest, my mother and father became enemies to lovers." She said bitterly, but she felt calm talking about her parents.

"My mother was the one who taught me how to fight and how to survive. My father was the one who taught me etiquettes as a noble. Eventually when my mother died I secretly went out from the residence coming to the underground where I knew my mother lived before she earned a place in the above ground." She explained more and her voice went darker and lower,

"There I met the people I killed. I killed them because they simply disgusted me, they knew I came from the upper ground and tried to take advantage of me but I was prepared. I drove a knife in their hearts until they bled from their noses and from their mouths. Choking in their own blood."

Levi simply stared at her, waiting for her to explain more. It didn't faze him, remembering how cruel he was back then, he is still cruel, he just simply redeemed himself slowly.

"It's what my father taught me, 'Always be one step ahead.'" She said and leaned back her head gazing at the stars above them, then looked at Levi as she leaned sideways to the cart so she could see his beautiful youthful face. You can barely think he's in his 30's. "There I killed just for fun. I killed because I enjoyed it. I was very much cruel before. I always kept thinking that whenever I killed people in the underground that, 'their lives are worthless, I am making it easy for them'." She said her lips twitching in the sides, remembering her dark teenage days.