44|custody

This is for 15k, 16k and 17k reads! Thank you again Cadets! Hope y'all enjoy this boring chapter. I deeply applogize if this chapter does not entertain you.

It's also the last day of my exams sooo, I will try my bet to make more chapters for y'all

----

Levi held a wine glass and his tea cup on both hands. One for him and one for Alyssa. Levi's footsteps were quiet, he didn't know if Alyssa knew he was coming or not. Both of them had sharp senses. Alyssa wasn't paying attention to her surroundings as her mind was blank.

Levi bent his knees a little to hit Alyssa's back. Alyssa swore as she turned to him, losing balance. She cursed as she instantly put her hands forward before her face can kiss the ground. She stopped when she saw Levi's eyes stared into hers, his brows raised and moved his hand forward where he held the wine glass. Alyssa looked confused at first, but her expression turned genuine as soon as she saw the dark red liquid inside the wine glass.

"Thank you." She said quietly. Levi nodded as he sat beside her. He put a safe distance between them. Alyssa swirled the glass in her hand, acting like the rich noble she was, Levi noticed how rich her movements was. How Alyssa drank the wine without any slurping sounds like those men around the corners he sees when he goes out.

There was silence.

"You want to say something, ask rather." Alyssa said after a couple of minutes. She knew that Levi would offer her tea and not wine unless something is wrong. Levi's intention was to get her drunk for her to talk, even though he knew that his woman would tell the answers he wanted. "Don't you?" she asked.

Levi raised his tea cup and drank from it. Alyssa watched as he held his cup in a unique manner. He said nothing to answer her question but Alyssa saw the agreement in his intense eyes as he glanced at her.

"Was it about me rejecting the role of being Commander?" she asked softly. Levi got startled but recovered immediately. She noticed how off he was ever since Commandant Keith told them that she was a candidate for being Scout Regiment's Commander.

Was I too obvious? He asked himself. It bugged him. He kept thinking what the Survey Corps would be if his woman was the Commander now. Would they even meet if she was Commander?

Levi did not answer. Alyssa took his silence as an affirmation.

"You probably wouldn't like why I rejected Keith's offer before, it's kinda annoying and selfish, probably childish." Alyssa chuckled without humor as she swirled the wine glass, the ice inside of it clinking, it was one of the sounds they were hearing among the birds tweeting, the crickets around them. She drank from her glass.

"Must you always call them with their first names?" Levi asked. He got shocked by his own tone. He sounded annoyed, irritated. Alyssa glanced at him, surprised by his tone. Levi cleared his throat. Her brows raised with amusement glinting in her gray and brown eyes.

"Hmm..." Alyssa hummed. "I only call them with their titles when I am serious." She said.

"Tell me." Levi demanded. He knew that she would get what he meant.

And she did. She let out a small smile.

"I rejected because I knew I was capable of leading, but..." she started, then paused and Levi glanced at her direction with one of his brows raised. Is she bragging? He asked. If so, then I know she's comfortable with this. He added. He knew how she talked. How she brags first before the main part. "I couldn't handle much burden on my shoulders." She said.