62| f r e e ?

Hello, Cadets! This is the final chapter of the part 3 of this book. I hope y'all will like it.

Thank you also for 48k, 49, and 50k reads, Cadets!!

-----

"Mother!!" Historia screamed out of joy as soon as she saw Alyssa leaning on her office door. But her fast tracks towards her became slow as she took in her mother's appearance.

"Mom?" she whispered all of a sudden, concerned all of a sudden. Alyssa noticed the confusion and genuine concern in her eyes as soon as she raised her head to meet her eyes.

The slashes... Historia thought with horror.

"Hello, little one." Alyssa smiled and leaned away from the doorway. Historia stopped in front of her. Alyssa stood properly and raised her right arm to salute to their Queen. "Greetings to the Queen." She said teasingly.

It looks like she has seen a ghost... Alyssa thought, inspecting Historia's face. Well... no one expected that I would look like this... Alyssa continued to think—Alyssa just sighed and went closer to Historia, closing their gap. Alyssa ruffled her hair. Historia closed her eyes in the sudden contact. Alyssa couldn't help but flash a genuine smile seeing how Historia reacted.

The letter... Alyssa suddenly thought.

"Are you okay...?" Historia asked.

"I'm fine, your highness." Alyssa chuckled. Historia didn't believe her—and she knows that her second mother—Alyssa would always answer that she is fine, even though she wasn't.

Historia just hugged her. Her face buried on her neck as she whispered,

"I'm glad you came back, mother." Historia said and Alyssa didn't say anything but kissed the top of Historia's head as she stroked her hair.

-

"Oh come on, you should wear an eyepatch!" Hange said. She was annoying Alyssa for the past few minutes ever since Hange got to wear her eyepatch, she wanted Alyssa also to wear an eyepatch since her left eye can no longer see the world properly.

Alyssa refused even though she thinks that it will make her look more intimidating.

Her slashes near her right eye and on her lip were enough for her and now people seem to see her—to be more intimidating now that her brown eye has turned solid gray.

"We could be eyepatch buddies!" Hange pouted, giving Alyssa a puppy look—thinking that it was enough to convince Alyssa to wear an eyepatch but Alyssa just chuckled as she crossed her legs—drinking her wine in an elegant manner. Alyssa just winked at Hange as her lips touched the rim of the wine glass.

"You're such a killjoy." Hange whined like a child, her legs swinging around as she leaned back. "You should at least do it for me, now that I am commander." Hange reasoned and Alyssa chuckled.

"No matter what rank you are Hange, it's still a no." Alyssa interjected. Hange knew well that it didn't matter to Alyssa even though she was proud of her. It just meant that no matter how high Hange's rank is in the Regiment, Alyssa in terms of ranking in the society was still higher.

"Stop annoying her Hange, she gets to choose what she wants to do with her eye." Levi butted in as he flicked Hange's forehead, Hange whined and scowled at the couple who just looked amused at her actions. "Besides, she looks great without an eyepatch."

"But, it just seems so cool!" Hange tried to reason as she threw her hands up in the air.

-