69| t h o u g h t s

Thank you for 92k and 93k reads, Cadets!!

Hope you guys enjoy this chap, even though it's boring.

-----

I will kill him. I want to kill him.

Those two sentences were repeated inside Levi's head as Alyssa fixed his uniform, fixed his hair as he looked at Zeke who he will be escorting and will be guarding. Not only that he despised him, his self-control will be tested as he will be guarding Zeke.

"Stop glaring and look at me." Alyssa said. He obliged his woman's words. She flashed a small smile as she finished fixing his collar and buttoning his coat. Alyssa took a step back and placed her hands on her hips—as if admiring her work on him. "Well you're good to go." She said and wrapped her arms around his neck, kissing him—knowing that she will not see him for a while.

I don't want to be away from her. Levi thought—but he knew better. Alyssa was needed here, she was no longer under his service. He'll take it. As long as he knows that he will ever see her again, no matter how long they have been physically apart.

"I'll miss you." Levi whispered as Alyssa pulled away from the kiss.

Zeke snickered at the sight, feeling bitter.

Levi rolled his eyes, and his mood turned sour immediately. Alyssa rolled her eyes at the sudden change of mood, snorted softly and booped her finger on his nose, making him blink at the sudden press of her finger on top of his nose. He let out a hopeless sigh. Alyssa smiles cheekily. Taking a step back, ready to say goodbye for now.

"Don't try anything funny." She said, looking at Zeke.

"Can't promise anything, Lady Alyssa." Zeke responded with a grin.

"You'll just get wrecked again by my man if you try to do anything funny." Alyssa said, smirking as she intensely stared at Zeke, not giving him the room or thought of doubt. Levi cleared his throat slowly, knowing that he will surely do that when something happens. "You know— you could've died 5 years ago, was it? Yes, 5 years ago, if only the Cart Titan didn't interfere." She added. Zeke stiffened, remembering Levi's blade on his mouth.

"And you," she said, turning to his man.

"Take care." She uttered softly, so soft that he will surely oblige to her words. "Try to take care of yourself why I'm not there, yeah? That is all I wish until you are by my side again, Captain Ackerman. Don't die." She said in a whisper—a low whisper that only Levi could hear. He felt a shiver ran through his spine as he heard her by his title including his surname that still felt foreign despite how many years had it been.

Levi caressed her face, tucking a loose hair behind her ear. Planting a kiss on her forehead, she closed her eyes, savoring the moment. Zeke had to look somewhere else, not wanting to ruin the moment—while the other guards who stood there heed no mind—knowing that it was best to ignore than to say anything about the two most strongest people in the Corps.

"Your wish is my command, milady." he said, pressing his forehead against hers.

-

"Glad that was over." Zeke sighed as he muttered that to himself, as they were on the carriage.

You're just single. Levi thought, answering him mentally. He wanted to ignore the man. He wanted to throw him out of the carriage. Run him with the said carriage, kill him—bury him six feet under the ground, alive or dead.

Zeke looked outside the window, seeing the citizens holding a newspaper, calling their raid a victory, he wanted to snort loudly, they're turning the citizens with a blind eye, instead of saying the truth—it might be a victory, but there's something more to that.