59| g h o s t

ATTENTION! Kidding. This is only a short chapter because this is a filler.  It's more like of a serious-half crack chapter. 

AGAIN THIS IS A HALF SERIOUS-HALF CRACK CHAPTER!!!

-----

Alyssa kneeled on one knee as she was beside Erwin's corpse. Her heart clenched as she glanced at his face, because she will no longer see his eyes dreaming—that one day, he will unveil and know himself the secret of humanity. She felt a little guilty—remembering how she said that once Erwin is going to be given another life—they will all just suffer. Erwin heard it, even though it was muffled. He knew she was right. He welcomed death in his arms. But at least, from above them—he knows that they have succeeded.

His death was not in vain.

She slowly removed her cloak—the Crest of the Survey Corps seen there and placed it on his chest, and she held the top hem of it, and whispered—"See you soon, old friend." And raised the cloak higher to cover Erwin's face. Everyone who was there—Jean, Connie, Floch, Hange, Eren, Mikasa and Levi closed their eyes for a moment to mourn.

Hange then opened her eyes, and began to salute. It was like a domino effect, they all saluted as well as they looked down at their former Commander. The one that played this game—even with all the flaws, this victory was all thanks to him. Hange took in a sharp deep breath,

"Thank you for dedicating your heart—Commander Erwin Smith of Survey Corps."

-

"Your eye's really damaged?" Alyssa asked Hange and Hange sadly nodded.

"How about you?" Hange asked as her eye stared at Alyssa's left eye, where her brown eye was supposed to be there—but due to the unfortunate events that happened to all of them—her brown colored eye was gone, it's former golden brown color turned gray too, but more solid than her right gray eye. "Damaged?"

"Yeah, but not blind—" Alyssa said. She thought that her other eye turned blind but it just clouded her left vision. "It's like super blurry— it's also impossible, I think to use glasses over this—because it turned from brown to solid gray." Alyssa sighed.

"How blurry?" Hange asked curiously.

"Very, like seeing through a fucking dirty window that hasn't been cleaned for ages." Alyssa scoffed then Hange questioned next if there was something wrong with her right eye, seeing if there was any damage there—since she had a slash on top and on bottom of it.

"There's nothing wrong with it—weird." Alyssa laughed, clearly confused why it didn't have damage on her right eye, and Hange laughed with her. They were just laughing their injuries off, even though they were life threatening. That's how the Survey Corps Veterans are already chill about their lives.

Knowing that every day—death will always wait for them.

-

"We'll not bring his body back," Levi started. Hange and Alyssa almost choked as they were drinking water. Alyssa coughed as she pounded her chest while Hange was laughing at her—almost choking, too. "I choose this as his resting place."

"Are you sure about that?" Hange asked.

"Yes." Levi answered, and glanced at Alyssa who was still coughing badly. She met his eyes while he met hers. "Help me." He only said and Alyssa shot him a confused look but then understood afterwards. Alyssa patted Hange on the back and they bumped their fists together before Alyssa walked towards Levi.

"Is it right for him to be here?" Alyssa asked and Levi hummed, taking her hand to his and intertwining their fingers together. He felt comfortable in an instant— he almost thought that he would never feel this warmth again. Alyssa leaned sideways and put her head on his shoulder as they walked.

"I suppose, yes," Levi said and raised their intertwined hands, he turned it a little and kissed her knuckles. Alyssa cheekily smiled, but immediately dropped her wide smile as she felt her cheeks sting.

"He died just to reclaim this land—so I think that it's right that this will be the place where he will be resting."

-

"Fly high, Erwin." Alyssa whispered, her voice trembled. She took in a sharp breath and closed the door of the room where they put Erwin's body to its final rest.

And as if Erwin had heard her, a sudden surge of cold wind passed by Levi and Alyssa's skin that made them shudder. Alyssa immediately ran behind Levi, and Levi scoffed. What the fuck—Erwin?! Alyssa shouted inside her head. Clutching Levi's sleeve, she fisted her arms on the material.

"What, you scared of ghosts but not Titans?" Levi scoffed.

"Fuck you!" she cursed him, her eyes narrowed at him.

Then they both jumped at the sudden opening of the door that Alyssa surely closed. She even heard the clicking of the door before she felt that sudden surge of cold wind. Levi instinctively put Alyssa on his back, his arm blocking her.

Alyssa let out an earth shattering scream when the door closed loudly.

"Holy shit," Levi whispered, despite the shock he felt. His heart was beating so fast, and he did not hesitate to take Alyssa by the waist and threw her on his shoulder like a sack as Levi ran out of the house—cursing Erwin mentally in his head for doing such things now that he's dead.

Levi immediately dropped Alyssa gently as they saw Hange. Hange looked confused as they saw their faces were red as a tomato—she even thought that they made out in some random corner—but seeing Levi who carried Alyssa like a sack made her thoughts irrelevant and seeing them pale as the color white. Levi ran the back of his hand at his forehead, removing his sweat.

While Alyssa ran to Hange and hugged her sideways, clinging on Hange's side and pulled her more sideways, Hange yelped at the sudden pull. Hange blinked and raised both of her arms and put her one arm around Alyssa's back and patted her.

"What happened?" Hange couldn't take it anymore. She was confused.

"Erwin fucking happened." Levi glared. Hange's eyes widened. Erwin? So soon? Hange thought, and she was about to open her mouth but Levi read her like an openbook, and answered her unspoken question. "—and yes, he fucking did ghost shit."

-----

lol, i just really did this so the ending of season timeline will be placed on an even number.

Hope you guys enjoyed this nonsense chapter. This is boring so yeah.

Thank you for 40k and 41k reads, Cadets!! I love y'all!