38|talk

Eventually, there was no time to rest at all. Alyssa stood by at the ground where Rod Reiss and his family had lived. A small gun in her pocket was enough, unlike the men carrying shotguns. Levi was in the far corner talking to some random member of the Survey Corps, while Alyssa watched someone from afar as she stared ahead.

Kenny... It could be...

She thought. She jogged towards the staggering man. Half of his face was burnt, it was a mild one, but it still looked nasty. A lot of injuries were seen in his body, one of those was caused by Levi or by Alyssa. He was removing the straps of the remaining gear as he caught his breath. He began to lean at the tree as little sounds came out from his mouth, like a whimper.

"Kenny." Alyssa spoke. Kenny's eye averted to her, he let out a sarcastic chuckle, looking away from her as he closed his eyes.

"Klidepreinz." He acknowledged her, his eyes still closed. "Came to watch me wither and die?"

"You don't wither when you just actually die, Kenny." Alyssa said, rolling her eyes. Kenny chuckled and grunted as he felt pain. "Are you the only one left?" she asked, looking around. There was no other part of his squad that was here. She could only see him.

"Seems so." Kenny replied gravely. "Came to kill me then?"

"No." She replied. "I don't want to do that to my boyfriend's uncle." She said, walking towards him and crouched in front of Kenny to take a good look of his half burnt face, blood was oozing. Kenny opened his eyes now and looked down at her.

"You knew?" He asked, the side of his lips twitching. "How?"

"Don't underestimate my sources of information and my intelligence, Ackerman." She smirked. Kenny scoffed. "And besides, you, as his uncle, must tell him the truth about himself. It's better for you to tell him who he really is, who you really are in his life." She continued and put her arms in the form of an L, her right hand cupped the side of her face as her index finger tapped her cheek.

"Bullshit." Kenny muttered.

"He deserves to know, Kenny." She said. "I may know something about him, but I am not the right person to tell him that. I am in no position to tell him who he is, I am just his partner, and not his true relative." She said and stood up as she suddenly felt pain from her knees. Kenny was still looking down, pondering at what she had said.

Should I?

"Don't you even fucking dare use that." Alyssa scoffed. She saw the Titan serum at his side, Kenny just looked up to her and smirked, and it was a weak one that Alyssa knew he was just holding on to it.

"Fine." Kenny muttered at last and stared down at the Titan serum at his side, "That little midget deserves to know who he is."

-

"Levi! Captain!" Alyssa shouted his name. Levi's head immediately turned to where he heard his name being called. He saw Alyssa from afar, her hands waving in the air, gesturing for him to come there. His eyes drifted to the side and saw a man leaning on the tree, his head was down.

It's been a while since she called me 'captain'.

"Come here! I found him!"

Is that Kenny? Was she talking to him?

Levi nodded to the Scout he was talking to. He walked towards where his woman was. Alyssa was still waving her hands mid-air. Levi thought it was cute, looking how small her height was. His eyes immediately widened when he saw it was really Kenny who was leaning on the tree. His life is at risk at this point.