79| p r e t e n d

ATTENTION. Starting from this chapter, this story will now cover the manga. FOR THOSE who are not MANGA READERS and are only ANIME WATCHERS, I STRONGLY suggest that you should read the MANGA before continuing this story. Because from now on, this story will cover the parts that are not yet animated. 

That is all, I hope you guys will enjoy reading this chapter. 

----

EARLY 854

----

Alyssa's smile was wide as she looked upon the sea. It was their first time after all seeing what lies beyond the sea. Levi was silently watching his woman enjoy the view of the sea in front of them, his hands ready to hold her waist in case she decides to jump out of the ship in excitement. Alyssa took in a deep breath, inhaling fresh air and cocked her head to the side, smiling at Levi.

"It's beautiful, isn't it, love?" Alyssa asked, holding Levi's hand.

Levi intertwined his hand with hers and just hummed a response.

"Alyssa, I suggest you wear an eyepatch." Hange said, her hand extended towards her friend, an eyepatch placed on her palm. Hange was rather worried considering that they were from Paradis, and everyone treated Paradis as the home of the so-called devils. Maybe, if they see Alyssa, maybe they would think we are. Hange jokingly thought.

"I don't accept your suggestion," Alyssa replied and Hange was about to lecture her when Alyssa laughed, grabbing the eyepatch from Hange's palm and continued to say, "Just kidding. I know. Maybe the people will get scared and other things." Alyssa said, her hands doing gestures as she talked.

Hange just shook her head, sighing.

Levi's lips twitched in amusement and watched his woman as she wore the eyepatch. She removed her hat and gave it to Levi, for him to hold it as she wore it. As the eyepatch already covered her blind eye, she blinked multiple times, adjusting to it. Then she looked at Hange with an unreadable expression, "You know, wouldn't they be more creeped out if my bare eye has a scar while the other one is just blind?" she asked.

Levi sighed and said, "Just wear it."

"Fine." Alyssa said and grabbed the hat gently from Levi's hands and put it above her head.

"Well—this might be our actual job from the very start." Alyssa joked and turned to the kids who were also looking at the surroundings with fascination—Alyssa couldn't help but notice Eren looking absentminded—but she shrugged it off and continued with a wide smile etched on her lips,—

"Our survey begins!"

"Don't wander far from me," Levi told Alyssa as soon as they went down the ship. Alyssa chuckled and took her man's hand, intertwining both of their hands as they walked together. Hange who saw it made an expression while Alyssa just stuck her tongue out childishly.

Levi averted his gaze elsewhere, feeling embarrassed for the both of them.

Really, they're adults already. Levi had thought but deep inside, he prefers this one than his woman being serious. Because once his woman gets serious, things are going to get pretty low.

Alyssa's smile widened as she looked around. Her free hand pointed every interesting thing she could see. Levi remained silent but followed his woman's gaze and where Alyssa will point her finger to. He tries to remain a stoic face but eventually gives up on seeing how Alyssa's eye sparked with joy at the things around them. "Look, Levi! That's so cool!" she exclaims.