Ch. 9 Not so bad Babysitters

Once everyone was intently watching the movie, I sneakily threw popcorn at the boys. Grabbing a handful of my popcorn in both of my hands, I calculated my aim and threw it at Finn. The popcorn flew right at his chest and fell into his shirt. Trying to keep my laughter contained, I sat back and watched the movie.

 I glanced over at Finn just in time to see him trying to pick the popcorn out of his shirt. As if sensing me looking at him he glanced up and saw my grin. He looked at me with a mischievous grin of his own and quickly threw a handful of popcorn at my face.

"Hey!" I shouted in surprise as popcorn found its way onto my hair.  "That's not fair."

Finn started laughing, seeing my face scrunched up. Pouting, I took the popcorn out of my hair as I watched the movie. Ugh, I should have thought this through. Now I will have to take a shower before school tomorrow. 

Every so often Finn would complain about not watching a horror movie but I know he likes the movie. If he doesn't like a movie he would sit there on his phone grumbling but he isn't acting like that this time. He seems genuinely enjoying the movie but I know he won't admit to it. Not yet anyways since he has his pride to uphold. 

Halfway through the movie, the soft sound of breathing was brought to my attention. Looking over next to me, I notice Garret sound asleep. He must have had a hard time training the older warriors. I don't get how he is able to sleep through all the noise. 

 Well technically he isn't training the older warriors. Our warriors train as young as 15 and as old as mid to late 30's. Other tribes or packs train their fighters at very young ages but we usually start them a year or 2 after the transition process of becoming a werewolf. During that time, we prepare them for future training so they can learn to understand and trust their wolf.

After the human becomes one with their wolf and is stable enough from training then they are tested and put into classifications. Once they are put into groups they are then tested again to see if they are ready to be warriors. There are a lot of steps before a werewolf can become a warrior. 

Not that we are preparing for a war but there is always the possibility of pack disputes. It's best to be prepared for all the possibilities and be known as a strong pack or tribe to outsiders. That's why I have a lot of admiration for my group of friends. They were all able to go through the transition process smoothly to become a werewolf. 

It was harder for my brothers since their wolves are Alphas and have a lot of power to control. I don't know too much about the transition process but I do know that it can be hard and even deadly to the person before they become a werewolf. 

The normal age where a person transitions is around 13 and is different for boys and girls because of puberty. Only Rosaleen and Lilac aren't training to become warriors. In our pack, women are trained for battle and to protect themselves but they don't have to be a warrior. There are many positions available for anyone in the pack. 

Currently I am a part-time helper at our daycare when I don't have school. We also have a small pack hospital that we can go for schooling and work there. There are a lot of jobs that need to be filled in order for a pack to function.

When the movie ended, Finn said he still had some homework to do and left to work on it. So it left me and Garret to raid the ice-cream in the freezer. Who would know that werewolves are very dependent on ice-cream. It is a holy grail of foods. 

After scooping  moose tracks into a bowl, Garrett and I walked over to eat in the living room. Since the kitchen is still a mess, thanks to my brother, we are now eating ice-cream on the couch. My brothers are going to have a fun time cleaning that up. I almost forgot that the kitchen was a mess with glass and shards of the countertop everywhere. 

Garrett had to get us ice-cream because he didn't want me to accidentally step on shards of glass. Being a normal human I get hurt easily and it takes even longer to heal then a werewolf. A Quote from Garrett directly.

Just as I sat my bowl down on the table, the door slammed open making me jump off the couch in freight. Putting my hand over my heart to calm it down, I looked over to see who came barging in. Garrett swiftly blocked me from the person who suddenly came in. Peeking from behind Garrett, I realized my brothers were the ones who barged in. They probably didn't mean to use that much force to open the door. 

Walking in noisily, my  brothers and James playfully shoved each other around. Rolling my eyes at their childishness, I stood up and went over to Garrett's side in order to not be blocked by his massive figure. By the sounds of it they seem to be back to their normal selves. The run must have helped cool them down.

Once my brothers saw me they came over to me. Jake was the first one to give me a big hug then Jared joined in. Before I knew it they both covered me up in a giant wolf hug. When the hug started to suffocate me I mumbled, "You're squeezing.. too tight." My brothers quickly pulled apart saying sorry with an apologetic smile.

Then silence filled the room. My brothers looked at each other as they talked with their mind-link almost looking like they were arguing. Then after about a minute of waiting anxiously for what my brothers are about to say; Jared finally nudged Jake and nodded at him before they apologized at the same time. 

 After my brothers apologized they looked like a big weight was lifted off their shoulders. Knowing it takes a lot of effort for my brothers to admit their wrongdoing,  I smiled and accepted their apology. Even though they should be apologizing to our parents instead since they ruined the kitchen. 

Looking at them I said, "Thank you for apologizing to me even though I know that you wouldn't intentionally bring harm to me. I am not even hurt so everything's good."

With that James and Garrett left knowing they didn't need to stay anymore.  I went up to my bedroom after saying goodnight to my brothers. My parents didn't come home yet so I decided to text them good night instead of trying to find them. And that I probably will be stopped by my bothers or a guard outside of my house from letting me wander out at night. 

Once I crawled back into my bed and under the covers, I laid in bed thinking about everything that happened today. Today was filled with excitement. It was my first day of school and I saw a wolf fight. Nothing could get any more exciting than that. Hopefully these things don't happen so often but it is hard to predict what will happen next when living with werewolves.