Ch. 33 By the Window

Once the whole ordeal of the bonfire was over, Jake came over to Jared and I. As soon as he saw me, he asked if I was okay while looking for bodily harm.

I know my brothers are worried about my safety, but I also think that the fear of being reprimanded by our parents spur them on to be overprotective. 

"I'll drive us home. I already mind linked the pack to go home as soon as possible," Jake stated.

"Ok. Let's get Cress home before our parents have a fit," Jared said as he started to walk to the car.

Once in the car, I fell asleep from the soft lull of the car ride and took a 10-minute nap. For some reason, I get tired easily whenever I am in a car.

As Jake pulled us into the car garage he said, "Cress make sure you don't tell mom and dad about the fire accident, okay? Mom won't let it go."

"Don't worry, I'll keep my lips closed," I mimicked zipping my lips together.

I hurriedly got out of the car grabbing my phone in the process and walked in the house with my brothers behind me. I was quickly greeted by my parents. They must have heard the garage door opening and decided to check up on us. 

My mother quickly gave me a hug and happily asked if I had fun. Not wanting to tell mom about the fire disaster I answered vaguely.

"It was good! Nothing bad happened whatsoever." 

At that moment, my brothers looked at me alarmed saying with their face, 'Why did you say that? Do you want to get us in trouble.' I tried giving them a look stating that I didn't mean to trying to reassure them.

Oops, I did it again. Whenever I try to lie to my parents, I always somehow mess up and say the wrong things.

My mother looked at me quizzically for a second before a big smile lit up her features. "Great honey! Did your brothers stay by your side?" My mother not so subtly looked in their direction.

"Yeah, they stayed by me the whole time. Anyone would have thought that they were my bodyguards," I softly laughed at the thought.

Well, they didn't stay by my side the whole night, but they weren't too far away. I don't want my brothers to get in trouble because my mother can be a little strict on the 'Stay close to Cress agenda.'

My mother clasped her hands together exclaiming, "Good!"

"Oh, give the kids a break love, I'm sure they had fun," my father softly chided his wife as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

Not wanting to be up any longer and seeing my parents PDA or accidentally saying something wrong I hastily announced, "'I'm going to bed see you all in the morning!" 

I went up the stairs and quietly shut my door not wanting to wake my parents up. Walking over to my closet, I decided to grab my pj's and take a shower before bed. I love the smell of campfires, but I don't like to smell like one.

After taking the refreshing shower, I walked back in and started to hop in bed. Just as I was setting my alarm to wake me up at 10:00 tomorrow morning, a soft bang resounded from my window.

Wondering what the noise was I did some ninja moves to get to the side of the door before anything saw me. Or should I say, I just crawled around on the ground to get to my window. 

Taking a couple of reassuring breaths and after stalling for time, I popped my head up and took a glance out of the window. Seeing a dark figure below, I ducked my head down and let out a startled cry.

Just then the figure said, "Cress it's me, Garrett. I know your inside so don't you dare pretend you're not there."

My heart started to beat faster and not just from the jump scare that I just experienced. Slowly rising up, I sheepishly pushed up the window so I could talk to Garrett.