Ch. 44 Her Mission

*******I added some changes to the end of this chapter realizing I left this scene incomplete. Thank you!*******

She grabs on to the bars of her cell with her sharpened nails now turned into claws. I didn't even know vampires could even do that.

With my heart still racing, Jared guides me as he walks us back to our father. My father is now stationed at my side with a murderous look on his face.

Note to self, never mess with an Alpha's child. The vampire looks at me with a crazed look in her eyes before settling down. The presence of her vampire side is completely gone as brown overtakes her iris.

With a defeated look in her eye, she slumps to the ground with her hands still holding onto the metal bars. Part of me feels pity for her but not enough to free her from her prison.

"Cress, you were my last hope of being a part of the coven and you ruined it. You, a weak human being, has left me to this desolate state," she laughed as if she couldn't fathom her situation.

"Too bad you weren't turned into a vampire; you could have been one of us. Oh, how the werewolf society would have been left in an uproar," her eyes sparkled as she talked about the downfall of our society.

What does she mean about being turned into a vampire? I quizzically stare at her wondering what she meant before it hit me. That pill, did it have something in it that would have turned me into a vampire if I took it? I can't believe I was that close to being turned to the most disliked species to werewolves.

"What do you mean?" I ask just as my father stands in front of me blocking my path of being able to directly see the prisoner.

"Enough Ashley! We have tolerated your nonsense for long enough!" The Alpha's voice resounded around the prison leaving everyone but me lowering their heads in respect.

Ashley's eyes widened in delight as she looked at me, "You didn't know that you would have turned?"

She then laughed in a crazed tone before continuing, "Your so-called Alpha never told you about that minor detail, did he? Well, the cats out of the bag now, isn't it?" She mocked before backing up to lean against the wall of her cell.

With my hands shaking violently, I stared at Ashley. So, it's true. I would have turned which would have led me to lose my own pack and family because of it.

"Too bad it didn't go as planned. You would have been the first human I turned. It would have proved my status in the coven. I would've been forever known as the one that turned an Alpha's daughter completely against him. Ruining your perfect little lives," she ended spitting at the cage in rage.

Wow, I can't believe how many emotions she has gone through in such a short period of time. I am still trying to process everything that has happened.

"You got that all recorded, James?" My father asks in  a spine-chilling voice. His eye color dancing between black and brown as he controls his emotions.

"I sure did Alpha," James replied confidently.

He brought out the small pen, or should I say recording device. He handed it over to his father who took it.

"What! No, you can't do that!" Ashley cried out as she tried to get out of the silver restraints. Her skin only burned. The sound of her skin sizzling against the chains made me gag as her flesh started to burn.

I turned around quickly trying to overt my gaze from the blisters forming on her skin. She could have avoided her skin burning only if she didn't resist so much. Our pack isn't known to be cruel or use gruesome tactics for questioning but she's testing my father's patience.

"You!" Ashley turns her head in my direction.

Her eyes raging red as she cursed me saying, "I should have turned you that day instead when no one was there to protect you. It would have been so much easier if..." She instantly stopped speaking as if she couldn't physically continue.

Maybe she knows that if she says anything more it will be recorded and given to the Werewolf Counsil. She has to face them in court anyways since she is still part werewolf.

I know that she's dangerous, but she was brought up hating humans and werewolves alike. She has known nothing but her own lifestyle with vampires. However, that doesn't make up for her behavior.

"Owen. Take Cress back, she's heard enough information for one day. Jared, Jake and James. You should go to. You have the obstacle course test tomorrow."

I was somehow led out from the prison and ushered upstairs into my bedroom. As soon as I came back to the house, I ate a slice of pizza before taking a long hot shower. I scrubbed my body 3 times before I deemed myself clean from being in the prison.

I am now being comforted by my mother who was told about everything that happened down in the prison by my father.