Ch. 30. Really?

Well not from the same place but still. Garrett's known to not like sharing drinks or food because as he puts it 'it's too germy.'

"We don't have much time to train you to be a professional, but I'll make sure you won't get hurt," He promised giving me an encouraging soft smile while handing my water bottle back to me.

"Mmm, thanks!" I said with a smile grateful for his advice. No wonder he was promoted.

Now I'm more confident that I won't be knocked out right away. I might even be able to win a couple of fights against the omegas of the pack.

It's sad but a lot of times, packs don't train their lowest werewolves such as omegas. They have faster speed, strength and healing than humans but don't know the fundamental principle of fighting. I might finally have an advantage!

"However, Cress, please don't ever use your safety as a tactic to let my guard down ever again. Okay?" He said in a stern but soft voice.

Looking into his eyes as a sign of respect I nodded my head in understanding. Seeing his eyes starting to get darker, anyone could tell that his wolf didn't like my stunt. A werewolf can hide their emotions well, but their eyes always give it away.

"Great let's get started! I want you to do 50 sit-ups and pushups." He said giving me a quick smile to assure me that he's not mad anymore although I'm not completely sure. He can get his revenge by being pretty cunning.

Wait we didn't start yet? Ugh, no wonder the boys call him the devil trainer.

"Hurry up Cress we don't have all day!"

"Coming!"

I quickly jogged over to where the mat was and started the push-ups. This is definitely going to be a long week.

-Friday night

The week went by quicker than I expected. Garrett helped prepare me for the Werewolf Games; however, I still felt unprepared. It might be because of my lack of wolf or the fact that I have an incessant amount of anxiety that has been building up worry by worry.

I'm at the stage where I just hope to get it over. Just like ripping off a band-aid. I know I will feel better that way.

"Cress!?" The soothing voice of my mother called to me from downstairs.

Peaking my head out of my doorway, I yelled, "coming" and started to walk down the stairs.

I am curious as to what arbitrary thing my mother would nitpick about our house and have me do it. Yesterday, she told me to rearrange the books in father's study because it 'seemed like it needed a new look.'

Maybe she's making me do these tedious tasks just to keep my mind occupied but it's starting to be a little annoying. I mean, not that I don't clean my house it's just the fact that I am given small chores that I have never done before.

I found her sitting on her old rocking chair that she used to rock us to bed each night when we were babies. Just yesterday she brought it out of storage and added it to our living room.

Her face lit up brightly as she smiled and gestured me in. Once in front of her my mother asked something that I never would have thought of hearing coming out of her mouth.

"Your brothers are wondering if you wanted to go to the bonfire party at Eagle Pike Lake. Apparently, Fitz and Lilac are already there," my mother said with an excited expression on her face.

"Really! I can go. You're not going to tell them that I can't go?" I asked bewildered and a little skeptical.

"Your brothers were pretty convincing that you would have a wonderful time. They also said that they would protect you so I have no reason to worry. Also, a lot of the pack members who go to that school will be there too. Your father already agreed too."

"Okay. Yeah, I guess I will go. When are they leaving?"

Jake walked into the room and said, "Right now if you're ready!"

Turning around my brothers came in and sat on the couch. Jared glanced up at me and said, "You know Cress. We thought that this would be the perfect opportunity for you to be introduced to werewolves from other packs."

My mother smiled at my brother before clapping her hands together happily. "That's right! Now get along kids. I want you to be home before 10:00. No later than that or your father will come and get you," my mother sweetly threatened.

"Great!" Jake announced.

And just like that, I was ushered out the door by two giants still not fathoming the fact that I was just allowed to go to a bonfire off of our pack house.