Ch. 32 Explosive Night

***Sorry, for taking some time uploading this chapter! I just edited this chapter so there may be new changes.***

I don't want to be the center of attention again just like the first day of school. I definitely don't fit in here, but I can't leave now. Not that I am now practically caught like a deer in headlights by everyone's stares.

Especially Aubrey and her friends who sit almost too close for comfort. Why they decided to sit so close to the members from my pack, I have no idea why.

After realizing that I was frozen in place, Finn came over to me with an encouraging smile. Dropping an arm over my shoulder he led me over to our pack spot.

He comforted me by patting my shoulder with his hand before setting me down in an empty chair between him and Lilac. I gave a grateful smile to Finn before he sat down.

Looking around, I see about 15 pack members from our tribe so I feel better sitting in a familiar crowd.

Taking a glance, I look over at the Queen Bee's and notice Sabrina avoiding my gaze. She probably feels bad about locking me up, so she didn't dare to look at me.

Especially, when my brothers are here knowing the fact that she was in on it. But Aubrey obviously doesn't' have any remorse since she just gave me a smirk in response.

I turned my head away quickly as to avoid any sudden aggrievance from her, so I looked at the fire instead. I don't want to get on Aubrey's bad side anymore than I already am. Even though I have no idea of what I did to aggravate her.

As some time went by of listening to the fire crackling and hearing laughing voices the sudden feeling of someone watching me made the hair on the back of my neck stand up in an unpleasant way.

Glancing over my left shoulder, I scanned the crowd of people searching for the person giving me this uncanny feeling. By the tree line, I immediately find Aiden gazing intently in my direction.

He lazily leaned against a tree in the distance with his pack mates by him. Five of them came to the bonfire which is quite rare. I didn't think he would be invited and willingly come to such an event.

He seems like someone who wants to stay away from social events, not be involved. Although I wonder if they just came for the drinks because his pack members all had a beer in their hand except for their leader.

Quickly, before anyone noticing, I gave a small wave in his direction before keeping my attention on Finn's Ghost story. I don't want him to think I am unfriendly once we made eye contact. How we ended up with telling scary stories already is beyond me.

It doesn't take much for more people to crowd around the fire to listen to his greatly detailed story of a widowed woman hearing the echoes of her late husband in the cemetery.

Just as Finn's voice got deeper leading everyone to anticipate his next words, a log in the fire exploded sending cinders throughout the area. People started to shout and stand up, patting off the hot coals from their clothes.

I jumped back too, scooting my chair back along with me. It was as if everything went in slow motion. The flames raised up to the sky before exploding outward sending searing black debris everywhere.

Instead of staying upright in my chair, I ended up falling on my butt in front of my chair from scooting it back too fast. Surprised cries sounded throughout the forest as everyone struggled to put out the flames that started on the dry crisped ground.

Through the confusion someone shouted, "Quick bring water! A fire has started!"

In midst of everything happening, a rough hand grabbed my wrist and dragged me through the crowd away from the confusion. Trying to resist the unknown strong hold and failing, I looked up at a very familiar defined black ink tattoo on my assailant's neck.

"It's me Princess," Aiden calmly shouted over the noise as he took a couple of steps and stopped.

Looking up into his tranquil eyes, I notice a certain composure in the way he holds himself. As if this whole ordeal didn't faze him and maybe it didn't.

"Stay right here away from the fire. Your brothers will find you soon."

Just like that he left me to go help everyone tame the fire that has now started to edge towards everyone's chairs. An Alpha is a leader and they don't shrink behind responsibility when something goes wrong.

As I start to debate whether I should help everyone or not, Jared spotted me through the crowd and came over with worried eyes. He looked me over to make sure I wasn't harmed and once he was satisfied, he continued to reprimand me.

"Don't leave me like that. You scared me half to death Cress! Do you know what would happen to me if I was ever the reason you got hurt..."

I stood there in shock but also gratitude for my brother's worry for me. At least I know I won't be forgotten even during such a mess.

"Jared I'm sorry I left you guys, but Aiden helped bring me over to this clearing away from the fire before I could tell you where I'd gone." I said trying to soothe my brother.

His eyes nearly shot off of his face before he began to question, "Aiden really helped you. THE crazy Alpha Aiden?"

"Yes, but I wouldn't call him crazy. Just quiet maybe." I silently said trying to defend Aiden's kind gesture.

"Well, I guess I owe him a thanks then. Just stay here until everything is done and cleaned up. It seems as if the fire is almost put out completely." He looked over at the clearing.

I followed his eyes realizing that they put out the bonfire. Only dark smoke clouded the area.

"Well, I guess it's time to go home Cress. Everything seems alright now. I'll mind link Jake and tell him we are leaving," Jared said relieved as he ran a hand through his hair.

"I'm going to say my thanks to Aiden before he heads off. You'll be fine here by yourself, right?" My brother asked.

I nodded my head before ushering his reluctant body in Aiden's direction. I guess the rumors about him even got my brother to be hesitant in approaching him.

Well, tonight was a lot more eventful than I expected. Ha, who would have thought something would happen like this before the werewolf games next week. I hope this isn't foretelling that something bad is going to happen.