Ch.37 Night in Shining Armor

He had never encountered someone with a high fever before since it is rare for werewolves to get sick. Although he does know how quickly a fever can turn bad.

It doesn't seem like this is a normal fever though. It came on too fast.

I reach out with a shaking hand to hold onto his hand for some stability while asking, "Can you bring me to the nurse's. I don't feel so good."

"Sure, let's get you there. Here, I'm going to help you up."

Holding on to my arm, he lifted me up to a standing position with ease. His left hand gently held on to my arm trying to steady me.

Lifting up my head, I gratefully said, "Thanks. Can I hold onto your arm. I'm not sure I can walk by myself."

I laugh halfheartedly to ease my nervousness for fear of rejection. This is kind of embarrassing.

Ugh, why is my body acting this way right now? Just because I saw a little bit of blood. Well actually it was a lot since the wolf ripped a chunk off the grey wolf but still.

Just thinking about it makes me want to barf. Nope got to think happy thoughts. Like sitting around a campfire with friends, hearing the crickets sing and roasting marshmallows.

Laughing softly Aiden said, "Well this is a first but if you want to get to the Nurses office anytime soon, you're going to have to start walking."

Nodding my head, I started to slowly walk. Just as we got out of the doorway, well what's left of it, my legs collapsed.

I held onto Aidens arm tightly with my other hand too. Afraid of him letting go.

To outsiders, we almost look like a cute couple walking together. Be as it may look like, it's far from the truth. If only it wasn't for keeping me standing up at the moment, I would laugh at these circumstances.

Mumbling angrily, I said, "My goodness, I can't do anything right."

Aiden noticed this and like a gentleman wrapped the arm that I was holding onto, around my waist gently but firmly. Then used his right arm to go under and pick my legs up, carrying me bridal style.

My face would have blushed in awkwardness now if it only wasn't for my face being as pale as paper right now. I didn't even have the energy to fight him on it, so I just buried my head into his chest to hide from the student's stares. Most importantly the girls.

"A knight in shining armor saves his Princess. I very much like that story don't you," Aiden whispered in my ear. His warm breath tickling my ear.

I swatted him away with my free arm that wasn't tucked in, and he only chuckled at this. I felt the reverberations go through his chest and cursed him for enjoying this.

He noticed my shy behavior and only continued to joke with me as he walked me to the nurse's office without a struggle. Well, it would be an understatement if I didn't find this heart fluttering but not in a romantic way.

Not like what it would be with someone else. Agh, Cress don't think that way. Garrett is just a friend.

Whispers passed us as we went down the corridor to the nurse's office. Every word went in and out of my ears, not caring about the rumors that would evidently be made.

"Looks like we're going to be the talk of the school," Aiden said in a tone that I couldn't quite fully understand.

As if it made him slightly uneasy to think about the rumors that would circulate. I guess he experiences the bad luck rumors bring first handed.

"Yeah, I bet."

Once we got into the nurse's room, the nurse greeted us with a worried look. Aiden laid me down gently onto the medical cot. The paper crinkled under me as I shuffled backwards.

"Was she involved in the fight?" The woman calmly asked as she held a thermometer in her hand.

I opened my mouth and put the thermometer under my tongue to get a correct reading. I haven't had a fever in a long time.

I wonder if I got a cold from staying up late studying for the test last night and seeing blood only triggered it. I always get some cold after not sleeping enough.

"No, Cress saw two boys fight in wolf form and started to feel nauseous after seeing the blood, so I brought her here. Her legs gave out when we were walking here so I had to carry her. Is that something to be concerned about," Aiden asked in a questioning tone.

I have to give it to Aiden. He can be really reliable. I can't even find it to speak at the moment. Must be the Alpha gene in him.

All alphas are to protect the weak and their pack members. Maybe I seem like someone who needs to be taken care of. It seems as of lately I've been getting into all types of situations.

But I can't figure out why he always comes to my rescue. It's as if he can sense whenever I'm in trouble.

The woman took the thermometer and looked at it before writing it down in her med book. She closed the book and put away the thermometer before bringing a flashlight to my eyes.

"Her legs giving out on her was probably her body's response from seeing something so gruesome. She probably couldn't handle what she saw."

"Cress, can you please look forward at Aiden while I check your eyes," the nurse demanded.

Nodding my head, I looked straight ahead at Aiden. First at his dark hair that's slightly tangled up then to his face. An encouraging smile graced his stoic features as he saw me looking at him. I gave a shaky smile in return.

Taking the flashlight away from my eyes, she then took a step backwards. "Well, it seems like everything is okay besides your temperature. You have a fever of 100 degrees."

I sighed in relief, as the nauseousness started to dwindle as time passed. A water bottle was held out to me, and I took it with ease. The shaking in my hands lessened.