Ch.23 Blood Moon Pack

Now I am really hurt that I am the last to know about their mini party when even the warrior twins were invited.

Nodding his head Jared said, "Apparently he changed into his wolf form when he was 8. He doesn't talk a lot and his personality makes others too intimidated by him to approach him, unfortunately."

"Yeah, Aiden in something else. He seemed to make a name of himself over the years as the brooding Alpha. Everyone's wondering when he will end up killing someone out of anger. He always looks half pissed off whenever I see him," Xander said while chewing popcorn with his mouth open.

Really? Huh. He wasn't that quiet around me. Sure, he wasn't the most talkative person I have encountered but I thought he was talkative enough. He even had the audacity to give me the nickname "princess."

I wasn't scared of him after I got to know more about him. I just feel a little uneasy around him, especially after knowing that he's an Alpha's son. A powerful one, nonetheless.

I held back the urge to politely tell Xander to close his mouth when he chews. However, it would be out of the ordinary for me to say that. I don't know him too much, but he always ends up hanging out with my brothers. Probably because he is a good pack warrior in training.

I blurted out "Alpha?" before I realized that I am probably not supposed to be down here hearing their conversation.

Nine pairs of eyes zeroed in on me like a mistle. I just sat there with an awkward smile, not knowing what the big deal was. Their reaction seems a little extreme, doesn't it?

I don't think I was that stealthy when I came down. It's not like I am grounded from coming down here, just outside.

"When did you get here Cress?" Jake asked. He seemed startled at the fact that I came down here without them knowing.

"Um, not too long ago?"

"It doesn't matter." A hesitant voice echoed around the silent room.

"Really?"

I said to Jared before remembering that we aren't on speaking terms.

"She can stay and hear what we're talking about. It's probably good that she's here. She can learn to stay away from Aiden then," He stated.

I looked at him skeptically before giving a short nod. I don't want to ruin Jared's happy mood. I am just glad that he's allowing me to stay.

He must be regretting his earlier actions because just like that, I was included in the conversation.

"Didn't you hear about what family pack he's from?" Colsen asked.

I shook my head no. This is the first time I am hearing about Aiden. Well besides the time I spent a whole hour with him on Friday, but no one needs to know about that. At least not yet, especially since they harbor bad feelings towards him.

He perked up. Excited by the fact that he got some dirt on the guy that I don't know about. Before continuing, Colsen shifted his position on the couch so that he was sitting upright.

With eyes shinning he said, "Well, as everyone knows his father is the leader of the Blood Moon Pack. They say that he took the position of Alpha by killing his uncle in cold blood. They're also apparently listed as the top powerful pack in the country."

With eyes like saucers Rosaleen says, "Wow, his pack's that scary and powerful. No wonder everyone seems afraid of him at school."

With a deep mysterious voice he responded, "Yep, they're no ordinary family. There's even rumors that they are in cahoots with a vampire coven."

"Whoa."

Colsen smirked, enjoying that his story telling has drawn in everyone. Even gullible Rosaleen.

I instead laughed at the idea. A vampire coven? Come on, they would have been sniffed out by the werewolf committee by now if they were involved with something so big. It was treason to work together with the vampires.

Colsen narrowed his eyes at me, unhappy that I would laugh. James quickly jumped in before Colsen got worked up.

Colsen is in my grade and still has a way to go with training his wolf. I don't know why my brothers hang out with him though. He can be a very hot headed hormonal teenage wolf.

"Okay, enough of this conversation. There's no need to talk about treason here," James instructed sternly.

I sighed in relief as James came to the rescue. He is the best when it comes to reading a room. Since he's not as close with Colsen as my brothers are he must not have felt it difficult to tell him off like my brothers.

Colsen quickly bowed his head at James authority but gave me one last glare before he sat back down. He must be mad at the fact that I ruined his story.

But I'm the least bit sorry. I was starting to feel a little uncomfortable about gossiping about Aiden. It's not like I am friends with him, but it did feel wrong.

I don't know what to do with this newfound information. Even though I just met Aiden, somehow, I feel that he isn't bad.

He seems different from Aubrey and her friends. Maybe different from a lot of people at school.

He didn't seem judgmental towards me but straightforward. I like that about him. I am pretty sure that he noticed that I wasn't able to shift because there is a certain scent that our wolves give us. It's a scent that alerts us to other werewolves.

He either didn't acknowledge that fact or just didn't care which is okay too. However, I should be cautious if I see him again after what my brothers said.

Trying to break the gloomy tension in the room, Jake finally asked "Does anyone wanted to play capture the flag?"

Everyone shot up and started to talk excitedly. Capture the flag isn't your ordinary capture the flag, its more intense. Everyone can either shift into their wolf form or stay in their human form.

We use 10 acres of land to play the game and it's only a small chunk out of the land our pack owns. They use brightly colored flags and hide them on their side of the territory. The point of the game is to steal the other team's flag without being tagged.

It is really competitive, and I have heard stories of fights breaking out because of it. I have played only a couple of times before. It was fun but it would have been better if I could actually shift and join in.

Interrupting me out of my thoughts, Lilac announced, "I'll go get Finn" before sprinting out the door. She either really wanted Finn on her team or just wanted to get out of the awkward situation.

While everyone was too busy arguing who would be on what team, I quietly went past everyone and went up the stairs. I left before my brothers could tell me that I am not allowed to play with them.

It can be a little lonely to not always be included in on the fun, but I guess it's not their fault. I am practically a human since I wasn't born with the shifter/ werewolf gene.

If I ever got hurt my parents would have their heads. The last time I played with them was during the summer. I was only allowed because I begged Garrett to be my guardian during the game.

He was the only one who said yes. I guess I know which of my friends and siblings care for me more.

I can remember that moment like it was yesterday. Garrett protected me throughout the whole game even though our team didn't win we had fun. I mostly ran to hide and climbed a great oak tree.

I would probably consider my most memorable memory that summer. Well besides the firework show that was across the lake. Now that was a sight to behold.