Ch. 17 Badminton

I managed to squeak out a soft "Thanks" before he quickly stood me up. He held briefly onto my arms to make sure I was stable before nodding his head in response and swiftly started walking again. I felt that I wasn't the only one that felt awkward from that encounter.

My brain unwelcomely sent a picture of a scene from one of the dramas I was watching yesterday. It's one of those cliche moments when the boy caught the girl right before she fell on her face.

My heart always fluttered at that scene because it was the moment before they realized they both liked each other. But this happened to me again, not only once but twice this year. I shook myself out of my trance and started to catch up with Garrett again. I shouldn't be thinking of such things.

"Hey wait up!"

Garrett didn't say anything, but I noticed how he slowed his pace down slightly. Just enough so I would catch up with him. I smiled at this and continued to take notes on the trees around me. We walked through the peaceful forest.

 The occasional song of the birds echoed through the still forest. We walked on enjoying the scenery, not knowing that everything wouldn't be this peaceful for a while.

After my successful scavenger hunt for leaves with Garrett I decided to get a head start on my history assignment about choosing a royal. I decided to look up information regarding the last royal family. Once I was seated comfortably at my desk, I put my head buds in and played soft music. 

Typing in the Werewolf society search bar I typed, Queen Eloise. Multiple sources popped up, so I chose the first one that said, Eloise the Last Queen. Clicking on the site, a whole article on the latest queen popped up. 

Queen Eloise was the last queen recorded in history before the mass murder of her family took place. As I scrolled through the article deciding whether it was worth my time, I saw something that piqued my interest. 

On the side of the article, it showed a drawing of what I assume must be the queen. White swirls of magic seemed to come out of her hands. The painter illustrated it to be surrounding the sick like a thick blanket.

As I read on, it talked about how the Queen, had some unique qualities that no other royal had. It said that she had really fast healing abilities and it was even rumored that she could heal others with her ability. 

But that was just a rumor. That must be what that painting is about. Huh, that would be cool to have such abilities, even if it isn't true.

Her death was very tragic too. I guess she died soon after her daughter and son died from the enemy's hands. I guess they found them at their hiding spot.

They were only a young teenager and child. The royal painting that was shown in class today was just taken a few years before the whole family died. It is truly hard to imagine that such a happy and powerful family would die at the hands of rogue wolves.

 I feel sad for the queen as she lost everything in a span of a couple of days.

After her husband died from a challenged fight with the enemy she decided to fight to the death with the Rogue King. The Rogue King played dirty and laced wolfsbane on a silver dagger and killed him mid fight. He was an exiled Alpha who accumulated thousands of rogue warriors under his control.

In the end she killed the Rogue King with her skillful thinking and wiped out the rest of the rogues in blind anger. It was said that her rage and power could be felt for hundreds of miles. 

After using so much of her power she ended up dying from exhaustion. What every magic spell she used, ended up draining her.

There's a silly rumor that the people made during that time. It's about how she used the rest of her healing power to save her daughter before she died. But no one knows if that was true since the Royals bodies were found and buried in the Royal Tomb.

It was probably a rumor made by the wolf community because they didn't want to come to terms with the royal bloodline coming to an end.

Standing up from my desk, I stretched my back and looked proudly at all the information that I was able to put into my notebook. I think I will have enough to type up a report about Queen Eloise.

(The next couple of weeks)

During the next couple of weeks our patrols have stayed doubled. Everyone was on alert for whatever the threat maybe. I still have not found out what was going on besides it being another werewolf.

I went to school normally and had my first pop quiz this past week. Not many people talked about the threat that kept many packs on high alert. Everyone got bored with talking about the same topic and it soon became just an afterthought since everyone is worried about upcoming tests instead. 

Even though the threat is still there, I felt the least worry these past couple of weeks than I did in the first.

Gratefully, my first weeks of school went smoothly. Thank goodness I did not see Aubrey and her gang or even the boy Aiden whom I found to be way out of my league as quoted by Aubrey. 

Today is Friday and I am in my last class, physical education. It has been quite the uneventful afternoon since the instructor said we could do whatever we wanted to do. For once, he seems pretty laid back. He must have felt that everyone needs a break on Friday.

I made friends with a group of girls and we have been playing Badminton since last week when we started this lesson. When we were first learning badminton, I was asked to join since they needed a fourth player. I doubt it was because of my awesome badminton skills.

I have found that they are all very good friends and live in the same pack. Even though they are the lower members of their pack they still get treated well, nonetheless. I feel like I fit in with them and they don't see anything wrong with me being shiftless.