Ch.36 Saved by Him

Landing on his four paws, he skidded to a halt. The wolf glanced back at me for a split moment, his eyes completely black with a tinge of orange emanating from it.

He had a crazed look in his eyes that was completely animalistic. It was as if his human side was completely gone.

He gained his balance before continuing his attack and lunged at the grey wolf. The sound of teeth gnashing in the air echoed in the small room along with low guttural snarls. This is no ordinary fight; this is something territorial.

Just as I thought it couldn't get any worse. The dark brown wolf took the opportunity to grab hold of the grey wolfs pelt and clamp his sharp teeth on to him. He shook his head side to side holding the limp wolf in his jaw tightly.

Hearing a crunch and the sound of skin ripping, made a shrill scream rip its way through my throat. I froze, not being able to look away.

The winning wolf spit out the chunk of skin and I watched as the grey wolf slunk to the floor in defeat. Blood pooling around his upper body.

I watched in horror as the dark pelt wolf went in for the kill. His jaw wrapped around the wolf's neck. I closed my eyes tightly not wanting to witness this moment.

"Stop, Now!" A deep loud authoritative voice resounded through the common area. His voice sounding angry.

Looking up from my protective position on the floor, I saw Aiden. Relief washed over me as I knew he would stop this fight. He is the most feared Alpha-to-be in the school after all.

I watch as the dark wolf backed away slowly from the grey wolf laying on the ground. His eyes turning back to normal from the crazed look earlier.

If it wasn't for Aiden, I am sure the grey wolf would be dead. The grey wolf's chest rised up and down signaling life.

I sigh in relief knowing that Aiden stopped such a gruesome act from happening. The dark pelted wolf would regret killing the wolf once his human form took over. Not only that, but he would also be sentenced to a hearing if things escalated even more.

In a swift motion, Aiden went over to the two wolves and commanded for them to go back into their human forms. His face was stern while his body posture held enough authority in it to make anyone obey his orders.

I watch as Aiden's bandaged hand bent down to touch the head of each wolf. I guess he did get into a fight with that boy earlier today. I hope that's the worst of his injuries since it's my fault he got into a fight in the first place.

Once they turned back, the school male nurse was already by their sides draping a blanket over both of them. He wore big circle spectacles in contrast to his small face. Even though everyone knows that he doesn't need them to see.

He probably uses them to add to his attire of being a nurse. His long blonde hair almost white was pulled back into a loose ponytail. This attire oddly enough, only adds to his charm.

The male nurse tended to the injured boy. He calmly uttered soft words of encouragement to help him heal. It was almost like he was coaxing a young child to finish his last bite off of his bowl.

He'll probably end up with a nice size scar on his chest. However, something seemed off as I took a closer look.

After minutes off pressing cloths to the wound, it still kept on bleeding. The headmaster walked in just in time to help figure out how this fight happened. Spectators came over one by one to tell him what they saw.

Not too far from the boy was the chunk of flesh laying on the ground surrounded by blood. All of a sudden, an urge to puke up my breakfast had me gaging. Hearing this, Aiden spotted me and came over by me.

Trying to lighten the situation Aiden softly joked, "Well if it isn't Cress , I guess you can't help but get yourself into these sticky situations. You just have to be saved by me, don't you?"

I tried to laugh but failed miserably as it sounded more like a pitiful groan. Closing my mouth, I ended up opting for a nervous smile.

Just then a wave of nausea washed over me. Closing my eyes, I slumped to the floor bringing my knees up to my chest. I don't know why I am getting such a late reaction to seeing the blood.

Burying my head in my knees helps soothe this horrible feeling. It will pass soon, I hope.

Concerned, Aiden knelt down next to me. In doing this, he became like a shield covering my body from the students' curious gazes as to why I am acting this way.

In a worried tone, he asked "Are you okay? Do you need to go to the nurse's office? The female nurse should be there."

His kindness made me feel better but didn't let the nauseous feeling pass. I raised my head up but instantly felt worse as it felt like when you get a sudden blood rush to your head.

Lowering my head back down I replied, "Yeah. I might need to, but I was hoping to wait for my brothers here. Their test started after mine, so I'm not sure if they are done."

Aiden reached out to touch my head, he took his hand back just as quickly. As if he would get burned by my high fever.