Ch.21 To the Rescue

(At this moment, Cress and Aiden are still locked in the storage room)

(Finn pov)

I can't believe I forgot my training bag in the boy's locker room. If I am late for training again, the Alpha for sure is going to give me the punishment to clean the training area. I shiver unpleasantly at the thought.

Walking into the locker room, I quickly spot my black duffle bag propped up against my locker. After grabbing it and swinging it over my shoulder, I walked out. 

Well then, I guess I'm done here. So, what should I have for an afternoon snack? I started to list off all my favorite foods.

But just as I went past the storage room to exit the gym doors, the scent of a familiar pack member invaded my senses. 

Stopping in my tracks, I took a couple paces back to follow the scent. It's just barely there but its definitely behind those doors.

Squinting my eyes, I tried to sense who might be behind those doors. Just then Cress's voice sounded clearly from behind the door. She seemed mad. Wait why is Cress still here?

Reaching out, I tried to turn the door knob before it against my feeble attempts. I guess I am going to have to force it open since it locked. Of course, they have a werewolf proof door here.

"Dang it! Cress? Are you in there? I'm gonna get you out!"

Couple of minutes later, Finn was able to break the doorknob by crushing the doorknob until it unlocked the door from the outside. Behind the door revealed a grateful Cress.

(Cress current pov)

After hearing Finn yelling outside the door a couple of minutes ago, I thought for sure that everyone left. But I am now standing in front of Finn.

He's such a good friend, I knew he wouldn't let me down. He's better than my brothers. His hair looks more disheveled than usual with a few beads of sweat dripping down from his forehead. 

It must have been a struggle to get the door to open. I never thought of using pure physical strength to force the door open. I could've asked Aiden to get us out that way a long time ago.

"Thank goodness you found me Finn! I was starting to think you guys wouldn't notice that I am gone!"

I went over to give Finn a hug. I guess I didn't realize how much I appreciated seeing Finn in front of me. Not that I didn't enjoy Aiden's company it was just too stressful.

With a laugh, Finn gave me a soft pat on the back before letting me go. I smiled up at him before remembering about Aiden. Just then I walked back into the storage room and saw no one.

"Hey. Where did he go? He was just here a minute ago," I said bewildered as I wandered around the storage room.

"Who? I don't see anyone." Finn looked closer around the storage room but didn't see anyone else.

Huh, maybe Aiden snuck out when Finn was worrying about me. He could have at least said thanks to Finn. But maybe he felt too embarrassed to stick around longer. I would be to, if I was being honest.

"Oh, never mind. Its nothing."

Finn didn't seem completely convinced but that wasn't what concerned him at the moment. It was the fact that someone deliberately locked up Cress and that wasn't good. Not the fact that she was possibly stuck in there with a boy.

Tuning to Cress, Finn demanded, "Who did this to you?"

So, I started telling everything that happened from playing badminton peacefully to being asked to find basketballs out of the blue. Then being locked up by Sabrina. 

I left out the little piece about Aiden though because it would only trigger my very protective brothers and Finn. They would think that Aiden had some say in this prank, but I highly doubt that.

Once I finished talking to Finn, I was immediately engulfed in a hug. I just stood there patting his back. 

Once Finn let go, he had a very sinister look on his face. I am always slightly nervous whenever Finn doesn't get mad but holds it in. 

You never know when he'll explode. But not in a bad way. I couldn't tell if he was smiling or angry, but I'd assume it's the latter.

"Thanks for telling me all that Cress, but I still have to report this to your brothers."

I sighed as Finn led us out the back doors of the gym towards the parking lot. He let me take the lead, probably wanting to keep me in his sight at all times now. I know that this is a pretty serious prank, but my brothers wouldn't see this as a prank. 

It could lead to be a very serious matter, but I hope it doesn't get to that point. I have a feeling that Aubrey was behind this and not Sabrina. I just don't want to get into any more quarrels with her and hope that she is satisfied with just this one prank and leave me alone.

Once we got closer to the Jeep, I noticed that there was four people standing around the jeep and not just two. Oh no, Finn must have already mind linked my brothers of what happened.

Dreading what's going to happen next, I thought of just high tailing it out of here. But my brothers would catch up with my in a jiffy. Just as we got closer Jake immediately snapped his head up and jogged over to me. 

I can tell that his wolf is in charge since his eyes are black instead of brown at the moment. So, I just stand still and smile while my brother looks me over to make sure I am fine. 

I don't want to do anything that would cause his wolf to go overboard. Once he sees that I don't have any injuries his eyes go back to their chocolate brown color.

I notice my brother Jared evidently relax too as he stands next to Jake in front of me. All I can do is smile before an onslaught of questions go my way. But instead of what I expected, my brothers just give me a hug.

I stiffen up as both my brothers give me a bone crushing hug and as quick as it came it went away. My brothers rarely give me a hug unless they are overwhelmed of emotions. It's a wolf thing.

"I'm okay. Really." 

My brothers took a step back and looked at me patiently. Glancing at Rosaleen and Lilac behind me, I see that they are expecting an answer from me too.

Taking a deep breath, I immediately started to give them the details of my encounter about Ashley and her friends up until Finn rescued me. I heard a few gasps from Rosaleen, but Lilac didn't seem to be surprised but more worried.

"..and that's how Finn came and found me locked in the storage room," I said finishing out of breath.

"It's a good thing that I forgot about my training bag, otherwise we wouldn't have found her as fast as we did. Since she doesn't have a mind link to the pack..."

"Yeah. Why didn't you guys' sense something was wrong, like Finn?"

I grimaced at what Finn said. It's true that I can't talk to the pack through the link, but I knew that they could find me knowing that I went missing. He didn't have to remind us more that I am just a human even though I know he doesn't mean it that way.

"It is, thanks Finn," Jared said ignoring my question before turning to face me. 

"You're going straight home with Jake and I so we can report this to father and mother. They need to know even if it is just a silly prank that you so much think to believe. Until then you're going to stay in your room and reflect on how this happened!" 

I just stood there dismayed at what my brother just said. I always knew he was the harsher twin but I never in a million years would expect him to think I had some fault in this.

"Jared!," Jake said looking at his twin shocked that he would demand Cress when she is the victim in this situation.

"But I didn't do anything! Why should I stay in my bedroom the rest of the day?" 

"Because I said so, Crescent. That's an order."