Ch.47 Designated Savior

**I hope you enjoy this chapter!"**

Finn looked over at the crowd for a split second, picking out our voices from the crowd. The motivation fueled him as he made some distance between him and the others.

Finn's determination proved unmatched as he crossed the finish line in second place. The rest of the contestants followed behind him.

In the midst of the crowd, Rosaleen's voice cut through with a mixture of surprise and admiration. "Wow! I can't believe Finn got second place. I didn't know he had it in him," she exclaimed, her gaze shifting towards us.

Lilac and I exchanged puzzled glances, surprised by Rosaleen's sudden interest in Finn's accomplishments. It was a rare moment when she acknowledges his achievements with a compliment.

"What? I always thought he wasn't the serious type when it came to training. James always said he messes around with his friends."

Well, that is true about Finn since he is known to be a little flippant at times. But even if I did think this, I didn't dare say it out loud.

"I guess I can see how James could think like that but Finn knows when to be serious. His motivation can be unrivaled when he's serious," Lilac stated. She too complimented Finn for the first time in her life.

I smiled saying, "I didn't expect you to be the first one to cheer for Finn. I thought you said you wouldn't," I jokingly said.

Knowing Lilac, she wouldn't admit to being close to Finn and caring for him. That's just her personality and sometimes it's nice to hear her voice her true feelings. She usually hides her feelings with a tough facade.

She looked away in embarrassment before sassily saying, "Well, someone has to." Her cheeks warmed as she looked away from us stubbornly.

Rosaleen and I made eye contact. Then we laughed at her response. She's too easy to rile up.

"Well Cress. Only a couple more groups to go before it's our turn," Lilac said trying to change the topic.

I guess she's not the only one anticipating our turn with worry. Her voice giving away how much she's not excited.

"Yeah, only five more to go," I responded trying not to show my nervousness.

There are a couple more groups of the boys to go before it's our time. It goes by quickly that it feels like a minute before the girls are called up to gather down on the field.

"Good luck! You'll do great!" Rosaleen excitedly exclaimed as she gave us a smile.

I just gave a faint smile in return but the faint wavering of it betrayed a hint of worry. It only added to the subtle tension in my face.

I lightly hold onto Lilacs arm as she guided us through the crowd of every other contestant trying to go down the stairs. I was pushed around, my small frame allowing me to be easily jostled aside.

I let go of Lilacs arm once we went down the stairs which was a mistake. Just as I reached the bottom step, I tripped on the last step, losing my footing.

A small gasp left my mouth as I tried to steady my footing without a railing on my side to help me. Just as I thought about the embarrassment that would soon follow, strong hands wrapped around my wrists. Steadying me in the process.

As I looked into the eyes of my savior, a wave of familiarity engulfed me. It was Aiden who stood before me, his expression a delicate blend of concern and gentle amusement dancing in his eyes.

I frown noticing how he's clearly enjoying my clumsiness. He waits until I stabilized myself before leading me over to a less crowded area. He holds onto my left wrist guiding me to an empty area under the bleachers.

Looking around, I notice how he brought us away from the rest of the girls and anyone else who could spot us. Feeling a considerable amount of warmth from my wrist, I look down. His giant hand is still holding firmly onto me.

I dropped my hand from his, feeling slightly awkward. Aiden took a step back before leaning lazily against a metal pole holding up the bleachers.

Giving a slight smile, it only enhanced his inhuman handsomeness, until he ruined it with his eyes gleaming with laughter.

"I can't count how many times I have saved you Princess. It seems to be a reoccurring theme for us," he exclaimed with a deep voice.

I stood astonished at how brazen he is to keep calling me Princess. However, I guess he is right to some extent. He has helped me more times than I expected. Feeling a little sulky, I ramble off a list to him.

"First off, you can just call me Cress or Cresent like everyone else. Secondly, thank you for saving me from a lot of embarrassment. But I think I should go line up now before it's too late," I respond, with a softer voice.

But don't let my acting fool anyone. I'm still slightly irritated at him since he's always saving me while enjoying it.

I turn to leave, the anxiousness of not being on time for the lineup overrides my ability to be civil with him. I'm not gonna lie though, he does give me a sense of relief whenever I see him. Maybe it's my minds response of always being saved by him so I unconsciously trust him.

"Princess." His stern voice stops me from taking another step.

I turn around, realizing just how soft his voice sounded while being firm. "Yes?" I said with a sigh escaping in the process.

"Break a leg." He whisper shouted as he pushed off from his leaning position, closing our gap. He stopped once he towered over me, my petite stature being overshadowed by his own.

"Remember Crescent, these tests don't define who we are," he said in his alpha tone.

Realizing this is his best way of cheering me on and consoling me at the same time, a genuine smile lit up my features, "Thanks Aiden!"

I walked away but not before hearing him say, "Your welcome Princess."

This time, I smiled to myself after realizing I'll forever be stuck with this nickname. I guess it can grow on me.

I go over to Lilac realizing that I'm not too late. The instructor starts giving us instructions and going over his safety speech.

I notice how I am in better spirits after talking to Aiden. It must be from the effect of talking with an Alpha, not just because of the growing friendship I now have with Aiden. My first friend that I made at this school.