Ch.18 Locked In

**I decided to upload another chapter this week. Two in one week! 

I will be trying to upload two chapters a week for the next couple of weeks. Hope you enjoy!**

I have found myself liking this sport and it's probably because its the only sport that I have good hand eye coordination when playing it. Although I almost tripped over my feet when I was trying to hit the birdie instead of watching where I was going just a moment ago. 

You'd think I might be exaggerating, but I do tend to be a little clumsy when playing anything. Even when I take ballet lessons with my instructor back at the pack house, I'm still not as graceful as her.

But hey, I feel very proud of myself and there's nothing wrong with that. It's not like I can say that every day when I am constantly being surrounded by athletic werewolves.

Of course, the other girls effortlessly move around and hit the birdie so it's not like I feel too proud of my ability. We all laugh as we try to hit the birdie back and forth. I am teamed up with Rachel, but Sara and Mindy are winning. Thats a bit surprise, haha kidding. Sarcasm noted.

Just as I was about to wack the birdie, out of the corner of my eye, I spotted one of Aubrey's friends coming over my way.

From that minor distraction the birdie fell lifelessly to the ground. My smile disappeared as my arm still held the racket outstretched in front of me, clearly missing the birdie by a mile.

"Oh shoot! I missed."

I sheepishly glance at my partner worried of what she's going to say but she just gives me an encouraging smile. She's not the competitive type which I am glad for. I have missed way too many hits to get on anyone's nerves.

Much to my dismay, I spot Sabrina, Aubrey's friend still coming over in my direction. Maybe I should make a run for it? Nah, that would be weird. Right?

Avoiding eye contact, I tried to ignore her coming over hoping she would get the hint and leave me alone. I know it's rude, but I don't want any trouble to come my way.

The day is almost over with no mishaps, and I would like to keep it that way. Feeling a tap on my shoulder, I looked around not being able to stop a slight sigh from escaping my lips. I immediately feel bad, so I cover it up by looking solemnly at the birdie on the ground before turning around to face Sabrina.

The girls stopped playing badminton once they saw her walk over to me. Probably too intrigued with what she's going to say to act nonchalant at this unexpected encounter. Honestly, I would probably do the same thing. 

With one of the popular kids coming my way, it's bound to lead to some mild gossip. With me being the shiftless werewolf. I always like to know what's going on around me.

In a cheerful voice Sabrina said with a smile, "Hi Cress, Mr. Freetag told me to get the basketballs out for the next activity. Could you help me bring it out?"

In my head I said not really but I know that would be rude to say out loud. Sometimes my brain thinks first before I even realize what to actually say in these kinds of situations. It's good that I don't actually say some of the stuff I think, out loud.

My mind freezes of thinking about why Sabrina would choose me to help her. It's not like I am really outgoing enough to make friends so it's a little weird being the one asked to help when there are plenty of other people in this gym class to choose from.

Thinking what harm could be done, I agreed and asked where it was. Since it's been only a couple of weeks since I have been here.

"Oh yeah, it's a storage room by the side of the gym. Follow me." 

With a little wave of her hand, I followed her. She seemed nice enough, at least nicer than Aubrey.

After telling Rachel to play without me, I followed behind Sabrina. We passed a lot of boys playing basketball. I had to duck a basketball that went flying over my head. A chorus of sorrys could be heard as I walked away.

I sighed in relief once she led me to a door in the back of the gym and opened it up.

After putting the kickstand down on the door to keep it open, she gestured for me to go first. I slowly went in and started to walk down a short hallway before turning the corner and seeing a big room for storage.

Calming my racing heart, I looked over to Sabrina searching for the basketballs. Not wanting to seem like I am scared of a storage room, I walked around the room trying to find the basketballs.

That is my sole purpose anyways. However, after searching through the bins all I found was empty ball containers, old basketball hoops and equipment but no basketballs.

Asking tentatively, "Um I don't see where the basketballs are, are you sure they're in here?"

All of a sudden Sabrina said "sorry" and the door slammed shut. In seconds, I was left in the dark storage room blinded.