The School of Wolves Introduction

********This is the first book that I have posted. The main character is Crescent whose nickname is Cress. She is practically a human since she doesn't carry the shape-shifter gene of her parents. Everyone thinks she's a human since her grandmother on her mom's side is human. The werewolf gene skipped her.

Cress is about 5 foot 3, has long blonde hair and blue eyes, the opposite of her family. This book will be about her finding out who she really is in a world of wolves. Something that may be confusing to you as the reader is that shape-shifters and werewolves are almost the same thing. Shape-shifters are Native Americans who have the wolf gene and werewolves are everyone else who can shift into a wolf. There will be more explanations throughout the book.

Thank you for choosing to read this book and hope you enjoy it as much as I did when making it! It is about 1/2 done and I am almost done with writing it!*******

Preview-

The smell of sweat in the small arena was overpowering. The obnoxious hollering of the students can be heard around the arena, their echoes only enhancing it. 

With every second ticking by, my heart only beats faster. The thought of it being heard by those around me only made it worse. Which in turn can make me seem weaker than I could ever possibly be.

Just then, the announcer jumped up onto the 7-foot-high podium with a microphone in his hand as his deep voice resounded throughout the arena riling up the crowd.

"Next up is the fight between Cress and Aubrey!"

 The crowd was eerily silent for a split second before going wild. This was the fight that piqued everyone's interest. The human going up against a beta's daughter. 

Two boys in the back corner were taking money and writing names down. They were smart enough to figure out a way to gain money from these games. 

About thirty students stood around them pushing through the crowd to write down their guesses. The teachers even joined in on the bets, turning a blind eye to the illegal activity that was evidently going on.

Sitting comfortably in the front row was the winning male Alphas for each grade. They sat with an air of authority as they looked on with interest. 

I looked at them with envy. They had no worries since they already finished up their games and became the reigning champion from them. 

Walking slowly up to the arena, I tried not to think about how badly I am going to be beaten. All I do is think about the training Garrett gave me while trying to ignore the whispers around me. 

Finally in the middle of the arena, I looked down at the thin layer of sand that moved beneath my tennis shoes. Great, there's not much cushion. If I fall, it's going to hurt badly.

Looking out into the crowd, I tried to find my brothers. They are supposed to be sitting behind their respective Alpha in the second row. 

However, I only spotted Aiden sitting in the middle of the row. They must have gone over to sit with their friends. My brothers didn't get the title of Alpha this year but came in second as the Beta's for Senior year.

They had equal footing when they fought each other earlier so the referee had to stop their fight since they were evenly matched. Which they both got the titles of Beta. 

I thought my brothers would get the alpha position, but Aiden is a fierce competitor. He was a force to be reckoned with and for some reason it seemed as if he was holding back his power, but I could be just imagining things.

I feel proud of my brothers but the idea of fighting Aubrey in wolf form sent off warning bells in my head. I am only a human, yet I have gotten this far unexpectedly. It's a miracle I didn't get beat up in the first fight. 

In spite of it all, I just can't believe that they even let me join in on the games. I was told that they only allowed me to join is because I come from a line of Alpha's. I qualified to join, but I wish I wasn't.

Everyone looked on the procession with particular interest as the two unlikely contesters walked up the stage. One winning Alpha in particular, however, looked on with concern.

Tearing my eyes from the crowd, I focused my attention on Aubrey in front of me. Within a couple of seconds, she turned into a dark grey pelt, signaling of her higher status in the pecking order. She let out a loud growl, as she went into a pouncing position and I was her prey. 

Every school year, the school holds the wolf games in order to determine the hierarchy of the school. Can she get through the year without being bullied as the wolf-less pure bred? Will she be able to win a space or forever be the runt of the pack. 

Cress finds herself friends with the most unlikely person in school, who happens to be the handsome and most feared alpha of the school. Will she find her true mate that everyone talks about? Is it her childhood best-friend or the brooding new Alpha in school?

Crescent was born to the Chief's son and lived in a family pack. She grew up running alongside wolves but never being a wolf herself. The elders have never seen one like her before.

With eyes as blue as the sky and hair as gold as the sun, she doesn't look anything of her father and mothers' dark hair, brown eyes and beautiful tanned skin. As it is a very rare occurrence among werewolves to not have the dominant gene of their parents. 

Therefore, she's always asking, what's wrong with her?