Ch.22 Grounded

****Thank you readers for 427 reads!

 Enjoy!****

"Okay," I softly say before bowing my head in submission. 

Whenever I am called Crescent in a demanding tone, I know that there's no way talking myself out of that situation.

Looking down at the ground, I found the pebbles under my feet to be very interesting at the moment. Emotions were swirling around my mind like a storm, and they weren't pleasant ones.

However, I bottle them up knowing that I would regret saying whatever was on my mind. I never thought Jared would go as far as to demand me to stay home even though it's not a big deal.

I just don't want to be locked up in my room when it's not my fault for being pranked. It's for the best that I don't retaliate any further. At this point, Jared's wolf is probably very angry at the thought of anyone wanting to harm his family.

I would have to say that Jared has a harder time of controlling his wolf in situations like these compared to Jake since he seems like he's able to control his wolf more.

I walked away from the Jeep with Jared and Jake. Once I got into the back seat of their truck, I glanced back and saw the boys who usually drive home with the twins to be heading over to Finn.

I usually would have laughed at the scenario unfolding as James takes the keys from a stunned Finn and hopped in the driver's seat instead. But at this moment, I didn't feel like it.

(Later On Monday)

It's been a couple of days since I spoke with my parents and bothers about the incident that took place in the storage room. My mother was horrified that something like that would happen to me. 

She even cried thinking about her daughter stuck in the storage room scared and alone. I never told her that I was alone or that I was scared. The reaction that surprised me the most was my father.

He almost couldn't control his anger and nearly smashed the tv to pieces when he thought of another wolf having the courage to outright challenge him and the pack. However, he did end up crushing the remote with his heightened strength.

I on the other hand feel like this whole thing has gotten blown out of proportion. Of course, I was bullied by that prank, and it hurt my feelings. 

And sure, someone should be reprimanded for what they did but they are still just teenagers. I wasn't even harmed but my parents said that this is just the first step before I am actually harmed.  Aubrey doesn't seem much like the type of person to go extreme just because she doesn't like me.

I know it wasn't right, but I don't want to have Sabrina and Aubrey hate me any more than she already does. Also, with my parents in their current state, I wouldn't hesitate to believe that they would want a professional hearing done with the wolf committee.

The Wolf Committee scares me slightly. Just the thought of being in the center of a dozen Alpha elder werewolves frightens me.

My family can be very protective over me when it comes to things like this. Everyone seems to think of my parents as always being the generous ones, but they can get quick to anger. The remote can testify to that.

I was glad that Jake stepped in and tried to reason with everyone saying that we don't have any evidence that Aubrey is behind all this or that Sabrina really locked me in purposefully. 

Even though I know for certain that Aubrey has some part in it. It would look petty of my parents to go that far. 

Worse yet, it would lead everyone to confirm their belief that I'm frail and unfit to be in a school full of wolves. I've always thought that I am the weak link to our pack, so I have always tried to train with others, but I only do private lessons with my parents now. 

I had too many close calls with the pack training grounds. My parents put grave effort into asking the Werewolf Committee to allow me to attend school with the pretense that I can protect myself. 

My parents told me that they just wanted me to really understand the werewolf world. Although, I sometimes think that they don't want me to get soft or move into the human world.

So, now I have been grounded to the house for the whole weekend. It isn't so bad since I am able to play video games and watch movies, but I am starting to get tired of this whole ordeal.

-----------------------------------------------------------Monday----------------------------------------------------------

 School was cancelled today because of the last royal family's death day so I was graced with an extra day to be grounded.

 Yipee! 

I am really starting to sound sarcastic today aren't I. It must be the cranky mood that I am in.

Hearing voices traveling up to my room. I decided to check what's going on. I wandered down the stairs and into the living room to where I saw a lot of guys from the pack including my friend group.

Of course, everyone would get together without asking me to join them. Being grounded sucks.

As quietly as I could, I went over to sit next to Lilac on the couch since that was the only spot left. Everyone seemed almost unaware of my entrance since they seemed so fixed on their conversation.

Rosaleen spoke up saying, "Should we be weary of him?"

I wonder who they are talking about.

James from across the room unexpectedly said, "No, he seems to keep to himself, but I would still be cautious because of how powerful his wolf is. The more powerful his wolf the more out of hand he can get."

He looked ever so slightly at the twins. We all know what he meant since we experienced my brother's fight firsthand. Well except for Lilac and Rosaleen. 

They don't know too much of what happened but everyone else knows. Who knew werewolves were excellent gossipers? 

Jake told me yesterday that the Alpha has been putting an emphasis on learning how to understand and keep your wolf under control in their trainings lately. Jared still hasn't talked to me much since Friday. 

I am starting to wonder how long he'll give me the silent treatment. I bet he won't talk to me for another day.

"I hate to say this, but I think his wolf is slightly more powerful than Jared and mine's. I just can't figure out why that is," Jake exclaimed. 

Looking over at Jake, I saw him slightly confused on the topic. I am surprised that he would be so calm as to say that in front of everyone. Especially when his buddies are in the same room. 

Counting all the figures scattered around the living room, I spotted the pack members Derek, Xander, Colsen and Colten. Colsen and Colten are twins and I found that out from a very awkward encounter. 

Of course, my brothers had to invite over the ones that I am not familiar with. No one can be expected to memorize hundreds of names, well besides maybe my parents.