Ch. 13 The Car

During lunch, Finn and Lilac got into a heated argument over who knows what. I think it was along the lines of who would drive to school after Lilac gets her license in a week.

However, Finn had to go on to mock her driving skills since she failed her test 2 times already. I had to intervene before it got any worse.

Although, I would rather have Finn drive since I know he is a safe driver.  The rest of the lunch period seemed to never end since I had to listen to a silent table with Rosaleen trying to start up conversations to clear the atmosphere.

I am glad I didn't bump into Aubrey or her friends anymore today. That was really uncalled for.

I am especially glad I didn't see the boy who I was told to stay away from. Standing by my locker, I wait for Lilac or Rosaleen to come by me.

After waiting for what felt life forever, I looked down at my phone screen that I was previously playing plant vs. zombies on and saw that it was 3:15. Wow, I have been waiting for 15 minutes already.

Glancing around, I realized I was the last one left in the hallway. Then it hit me, I forgot that Garrett was coming to pick me up today since the twins and Finn are at tryout practice for their sports along with Rosaleen and Lilac.

My heart started to beat fast as I worried Garrett was waiting for a long time. So, I quickly jogged towards the double doors that go out into the circle drive and parking lot.

Pushing open the door, I stood for a second while my eyes adjusted to the blinding light. Warmth immediately engulfed me.

Almost forgetting about Garret from the warmth of the sun. I walked out in search of him. You couldn't miss him since he has a distinct authority to him that many boys in my school don't have.

A couple of students stood around the parking lot waiting for their parents to pick them up. Their parents were probably running late from their duties at their pack. Just then I spotted him.

It was hard not to, and I don't know how I didn't spot him sooner. A couple of guys were crowded around his car asking questions about its model and other things I wouldn't be able to understand.

Leaning up against the red corvette in brown pants and a white t-shirt was Garrett. He had a slight smile on his face as he playfully joked with the younger classmen.

You could tell that he is the type of guy everyone feels comfortable around girls and boys alike. Well only at certain times, he is a ruthless trainer.

My heart started to speed up without me realizing why. Probably because of the adrenaline from running through the building.

It seemed Garrett spotted me before he saw me as his head looked up straight into my eyes. I was a decent amount of distance from him, but he probably sensed me coming even before I saw him.

His face perked up as a smile, not just a sliver of a smile graced his features now. The teenage boys around him saw me and immediately started to back up, a little unease showed on their features as I got closer.

But once they realized Garrett didn't come over like a bulldozer and embrace me possessively they evidently relaxed as they realized I wasn't his mate.

High ranking males are different because if another male is around their girl, they can get jealous and even attack another male for just looking at their mate. I almost laughed out loud at the thought of the younger classmen thinking I was his mate.

Coming over to greet me Garrett said, "Hey Cress, how was your day?"

"Not bad, but I do have some homework," I sadly said.

Garret shook his head and chuckled softly. Looking at him wondering why he shook his head I asked, "What? You never felt disheartened when you had to do homework over the weekend?"

Garrett smirked and said, "I am just glad school is over for me. Homework was never my favorite."

"Yeah, I can't believe it is the only second day and I am already being given homework. Well at least it's not a lot."

"There you go, just keep looking at the positive side of things." Laughing, Garret opened up the passenger door and gestured for me to hop in.

"Well thank you for being such a gentleman," I giggled as I stood looking at him.

"Yeah yeah, just hop in." Giving a salute, I smiled as I got a smile from him. My playfulness evident.

Following his command, I got into the car. Closing the door gently, he turned back to the boys who were admiring his car earlier. I watched as he said goodbye to the boys and climbed into the driver's seat.

He twisted the key, and the engine roared to life. Whoa, this is a nice car. The soft hum of the car could be felt from the seats. It definitely feels like luxury compared to the Jep. He put the car into drive and went out of the parking lot.

The beginning of the ride home was silent except for when Garrett asked me if the air conditioner was set at the right temperature or if I liked the song that was playing.

With my family and friends being a werewolf, I have noticed that whether it be hot or cold out their bodies adjust to it pretty good.

I on the other hand cannot adjust to temperature so it has been customary for everyone to ask me if the temperature is right. Another thing that reminds me that I am different from everyone else.

Garrett kept both of his hands on the steering wheel the whole time and didn't even bother to look down at the dashboard when he changed the songs. He must really know the way around his car. I can't believe I never saw him with this car before.

Voicing my question I asked, "How come I have never seen your car before. I didn't know you had a corvette?"

Garrett nodded his head, "I just got it over the summer. We were all really busy with the pack, so I never got the chance to show you it. Although I guess I showed your brothers and James one day after practice. All the boys there liked it."

"Yeah, I bet," I cheerfully exclaimed. Huh, I feel kinda bad that I didn't spend much time with this summer. I decided at that moment I would spend more time with him for the sake of our friendship.

*Thank you! I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Please feel free to vote and or comment!!