Ch.24 Who's Down for Ice Cream?

----Weeks later----

The next couple of weeks went by in a blur as I started to get into the rhythm of things. I followed a strict schedule of waking up, going to school, coming home, doing homework and going to bed until the weekend rolled around.

I have never been more in love of the weekends as I am now. When I was homeschooled and went to the packs elementary school, I always had some freedom.

It has taken a while to get used to, but I enjoy going to school, nonetheless.

My parents have finally given me permission to go outside of the pack's territory, with a friend of course. I like my newfound freedom that I have gained from going to school.

I guess my parents feel that I am old enough without the need of guards following me around. At least one good thing came out of going to a werewolf school.

I get to be a little more independent from my family and friends when I am at school. Although my brothers still check up on me from time to time because of the past incident with the storage room.

I have also not talked to Aiden since spending an hour in the storage room together even when we have the same gym class. I try my best to stay out of his way. He hasn't come over to say hi which is good because I don't need to get Aubrey angrier at me.

The highlights of my days have included the personal training lessons with Garrett for self-defense. My father has been busy lately with the threat still not found so he didn't have time to train me.

My mother also said she could train me, but I told her that Garrett could instead. I know she has been stressed out lately with taking care of the pack like my dad.

I don't know how to put it but I have been looking forward to those lessons. Maybe it's because it's the only time I have when I am not at school or doing homework. In the process I get to spend time with someone I haven't been spending too much time with lately.

Maybe I should ask around and see if anyone would like to go into town to get ice cream with me. I have always wanted to go to a ice cream store but never got the chance yet.

Walking down the stairs, I went to ask my friends or brothers. Whoever I see first.

Spotting Rosaleen and her mom in the kitchen, I went over to her. Her dad, my uncle must be in a meeting with my dad. James, my cousin has been training with his dad lately to be the new Beta.

Sitting on a stool I said, "Hello Aunty Mary."

The beautiful middle-aged women with long brown hair turned around with a pleasant smile on her face. Her tanned skin glowed in the warm light of our newly done kitchen. (was wrecked in a fight of her twin brothers in earlier chapter)

"Hello dear, how has school been?"

"It's been good!"

"Thats good then! I'm going to bring some tea to the boys. I'll see you later Cress!"

After saying goodby to Mary, I turned my attention to Rosaleen who was busy doing her school homework.

"Rosaleen?"

"Yep," she said turning her attention away from her homework to me.

"I was wondering if you'd like to go get ice cream in town with me. We could ask Finn and Lilac and anyone else who can go?" I tentatively said not knowing if she's up for ice cream.

"Sorry Cress, but I have lacrosse practice with Lilac."

"Okay, maybe I can ask my brothers." I said trying to hide the disappointment in my voice.

"Same sis, we all have to train. Maybe ask Garrett if he can go with you. He had the day off today." Jared said.

Turning around I didn't notice that Jared is standing behind me. Jared walked over to the refrigerator and grabbed a root beer. 

Jared has calmed down over the weekend and has been a lot nicer to me. He probably felt bad that he got me into this predicament because of him overreacting.

"Sorry Cress. Maybe we can all go to get ice cream sometime during the week." My cousin said again apologetically.

"Okay! Sounds good, don't worry about it guys."

As I walked away from the kitchen, I went back up to my room to grab my phone and some money. Once I found my phone, I texted Garrett saying, "I heard it's your day off. Do you want to hang out? Everyone is busy and I'm bored."

I just have to get Garrett to come with me to get ice cream. Hopefully he's up for it.

While waiting for his response, I went over to my closet and grabbed a light sweatshirt before putting it on. You never know when it will start to cool down since its fall.

Ding! I hurried over to my phone excitedly as I looked at his response.

"If you can find me in the next 15 minutes I might say yes."

After seeing his message, I immediately felt disheartened. Why does he have to make it so difficult. Agh. Grabbing my phone, I put it into my purse before I went out to find him around the pack. 

There are only a couple of places he would be. Hopefully he's not messing with me and is out in the woods. That would be impossible then because we have about 1,000 acres of land.

(20 minutes later)

I have been spending the last 20 minutes finding him. I went to all the pack houses he could be at, the game area, library, his house, his mom's house and the training room.

Guess where I eventually found him? Ding, Ding you win! He was in the training room. 

I was tired and out of ideas so the training room was my last guess he could be. I ran all over the pack and I don't know how much longer I could spend finding him.

I was five minutes late when I walked into the training room. It was pretty empty because everyone was at the pack training room where every warrior trains at this time of day.

He was climbing up the rock wall without a harness when I found him. I watched him quietly as he went up to the top and came down with incredible control. No wonder, he has an impressive upper arm strength.

I had to wait for him to come down before I walked over to him. I didn't want to call out to him and have him falling because of my sudden entry. After asking my question again he finally said yes after an agonizing couple minutes.

He had to give me some grief since I was late in finding him. He could have just told me where he was, but he had to make a whole scavenger hunt out of finding him.

He said he would meet me at his car in 5 minutes since he said he needed to take a shower before he went anywhere. I thought he looked fine to me but whatever. We were going out in public, so he probably wanted to clean up a little.

We are currently in the Jeep wondering where to go. I don't know many ice cream stores, so I decided to ask Garrett for his opinion.

"So where should we go?"

"I don't know Cress it's all up to you." He said while reaching into the front glove compartment and taking out his favorite grey cap.