chapter 42: the curious eyes

Chapter 42: The curious eyes

She was nesting between his hands, drooling and dreaming without a care for the world. His eyes never for a second left hers, fearing her disappearance or like a leaving star; one second she was there and the next she was gone.

When he entered the pack, moving gracefully between the houses and buildings holding her carefully and yet firmly the people eyes fixed on him. The same thing with his soldiers as they bowed down with respect stealing glances of him and the thing between his arms. However he took his steps steadily so he won't wake her up and until he reached the pack house his eyes stayed on her.

With her golden hair slowly skipping the cover, dancing elegantly with his steps. Her small hand desperately clenching his shirt seeking the comfort of his soul. And two red eyes that begged to eat her alive marched its way through the bowing crowd without a care.

Whispers vibrated through the air, their curious thoughts couldn't be held anymore.

"This is our king? Damn I never thought I will have the honor of seeing him in this life!"

"I be damned, his power is truly beyond us, look at him and look at his body"

"I thought only some guards are here, but it seems the king had visited, my God we going to die!"

"Something is happening, and we are the ones to pay"

"If only I knew better, I would have shown myself to him or been a bit nicer I thought he was a salve when I saw him, would he kill me now?"

"Who is she?"

"Who is he holding, which family does she belong to?"

"I don't know! I never saw such hair color before"

"Perhaps, the young ones know ask them hurry, they may know"

"I bet Lady Amelia knows, she is very popular with the society"

"Damn, lucky her!" spit with anger "he held her so gently" her jealousy were very obvious to everyone. Even her eyes were so fiery that made the people uncomfortable.

The girl herself wasn't bad at all. Her mid waste hair and beautiful skin and features abled her to be one of the most beautiful girls this pack had. As she sat beside the alpha as his daughter she made the men's want her uncontrollably. And as a girl who lived her whole life wanted by all and respected by them having her will no matter what as the precious of the alpha, she also fancied the idea of becoming part of the royal pack.

Her mother looked at her weirdly "so? Do you know her?" She asked trying to push the accusing eyes away from them.

She just shook her head on denial, without saying a world even though her reaction showed her feeling like a mirror.

The people around them weren't stupid they understood what she felt, even some had secretly the same ideas. If what they heard earlier were true that means that that man was their king, the top of the top and the one that had all. A mate-less man, that whomever catches his sight will live the dreams of all women's of the kingdom.

Even under their current circumstances and their life on the line. Single or marked all women had their eyes on him. The moment he showed himself their instinctive lured them to him like honey with bees. They couldn't resist his powerful aura nor his killing looks, they couldn't turn away from his charming and graceful body, it was simply impossible.

"Where did he find her we all trapped here?"

"The better question is what did she do?" "Are they looking at her from the start?"

"The way he was holding her seems very intimate, is she his mate?"

The last question was the most important one, the one who silenced everyone. Even the guards and the soldiers who stood and listened since the start had their ears perked curious as well to the girl between their king's hands.

However, their wondering thoughts didn't notice the eyes of that alpha, who was sitting on the floor, losing all his grace. He looked frightened, he kept looking left and right as the sweet hammered his forehead and back. He looked sick as his pale face become paler, and all his limbs trembled like a leaf on a windy day. 'She was her' he knew. The moment she entered held tightly by him he knew that he fucked up. 'It seems he was after her' he cursed.

Since the moment they entered his pack he had a bad bad feeling about them and now all his worries become true. What kind of luck he had, 'damned it' he cursed himself again and again looking to the silhouette of Xavier and hoping if that girl isn't the one he knows.