chapter 35: Nothing can save you from Me

Chapter 35: Nothing can save you from ME

His claws dug through the hard silver splitting it into two parts. He broke it inch by inch as the crack become bigger and bigger as he went in slowly. Every time the rift gained a length the ancient letters cracked one after another. The shield in fact was one of a high level magic. The ancient writing and the pattern of the letters were part of almost instinct spells, in this world of supernatural beings only a handful of people were able to use it and most of those are either dead or on the run.

At the first look at the words that curled themselves on that door he knew that this wasn't a simple weird family that stood behind his mate. Combining the cursed labyrinth and now this silver door the story become even bigger than he anticipated. In simple if he wasn't who he was, if he hadn't been the man on the top of the ladder he wouldn't be able to pass this popping challenges and tests. Any other man will be already dead by now, turning his head into a football ball between those drinkers' legs or one of those trapped souls of those cold walls.

His claws went dipper and dipper fighting the burning spell that fought back with all its power resisting his empowering will that demanded the world to keel. He forced his hand in tearing the shield's strings apart. It shook and wailed as it started to fade, like a crying whale wrestling with his fishers spear. Searching with all its power of a tiny sight of hope. It trashed around wanting to break his grip, however the great alpha had another words to say.

He pushed hard, having the same expression since the time he had entered the cave. He kept the same unbothered look and expression. He added more pressure into his gripe until a bang sound resounded between the walls announcing the end. Similar to before a signature of the same creature of both this one and the last barrier, a crack spread through the spell breaking the letters into half until all the words engraved faded into thin air. One by one they disappeared as if they never been there at all leaving nothing at their place.

As soon as the magic was broken the door that stood in front of Xavier fell to the ground. It went down in two part, with a large rupture in the middle just were Xavier's hand had been. The silvery metal bend and twisted ripped until dust flew by in the air. But the man didn't care, he even didn't bet an eye. His feet entered the dark room instinctively following the trace of scent that filled the place. She was here his wolf called, "she is here" he insisted.

He took a deep breath, feeling his lungs with the smell of her. He breathed heavily enjoying her heavenly scent feeling the life slowly crawling into his decaying body. Like a new turned on generation, electricity went through every cell he had shaking his sleeping cells, waking them up to enjoy the festivity. When he drew his breath out like a cold cloud evident to the eyes exhaled blowing the flying dust away. He was shaken, scared, and happy. His happiness couldn't be described, even though he yet to see her, sensing her only was enough to calm that riling storms inside of him. He took a step followed by hesitant another. His hand clenching and unclenching searching wretchedly for her figure.

She was there at the corner of the tiny room. She covered herself with the rages that surrounded her trembling with fear, with every step Xavier took. Her toes were sneaking out of her shelter but when he stood in front of her she hurriedly pulled them inside as if to save them. Her actions didn't miss his eagle sight almost bending down from laughing as he saw her clumsy reaction. She was holding her breath that he feared she is going to suffocate. He felt helpless, miserable at his agonizing emotions. Looking at his hopeless self that ran to breathe her scent were she was scared covering herself and holding her breath. What can he do? He cried to his wolf, "what can he do in deed" his wolf repeated after him.

His knees bended down touching the rusting and dirty floor. He can know just with one glance his mate's miserable life, as he saw her place and its condition. His trembling hand went down to pick her up holding her desperately between these unclean cover. He held her quickly bringing her into his chest hating the thin layers that stayed between them yet fearing he may take her only comfort from her. When he pulled her towards him and stood up, she yelped frightened and started to move. She was distressed as she hit him over and over on his chest helplessly wanting to escape. However he didn't care, he didn't give her a mine as he brought her outside and walked through that called cave and tunnel.

"Please God save me" she cried, in a whisper between her hammering tears.

When he heard, her prays like a sleeping monster he felt all his self-control got broken in a mere second, urged to stop at the spot. He brought her cover down her smudged face and glared at her begging eyes. His brought himself closer to her breathing into her red like tomato face and announced sarcastically.

"Gods?" he questioned "Gods can save you sweet heart' he started to confirm as he held her neck between his big hand "but they can't save you from me" he cynically declared.

"Nothing can save you from me" he added one more time to imprint his words into her stubborn head. Bowing down and giving her a gentle kiss into her forehead before he resumed his walking again.