Chapter 25: She ran away

Chapter 25: She Ran Away

None was left except of one, the cowardly leader who couldn't escape no matter how he struggled under Xavier's mind control.

"You will regret this, our alpha won't leave you alone. You will be hunted until your last breath!" He screamed clenching his hand until he drew blood "you thought this is the end; you wish, our men will make sure you never see the light" he added sarcastically. Xavier didn't interrupt him at all he kept looking indifferently collecting information out of his anxious mouth.

Laughing cynically at him he rushed "and if you thought that she is yours now, you are dreaming, THEY WILL NEVER LET HER GO" However, before he could finish his farewell speech, half human half wolf arm pierced his heart from the front until it went from the back, pulling his still beating organ from its place. The man looked down with blood coming out from his mouth barely breathing, barely there as his soul slowly but firmly started to ascend to the heaven above. He faced forward to see Xavier few inches from breathing into his face and baring his canines. He was keeping his arms through him, carefully looking into his dying gaze. He absorbed, he perceived every remark every feature the leader had. He noted his pain, he detected his disbelief and rejoiced at his denial.

Xavier held the man's head and pulled his hand bit by bit; disgustingly throwing the body hardly to the ground. Without flinching he squashed the beating heart that stayed with him slowly at a leisurely pace until nothing was left. He didn't say a word and he didn't care, he just wanted for this messed up situation to end up soon. He looked back to his mate but he didn't see her, he carefully checked left and right but she wasn't there. All the group were dead all of them laid down in what could be called in peace, however his mate wasn't there.

He took a deep breath and called into the sky roaring with all his might shaking the earth. It seems the heaven kept testing him over and over none stop. His frustration went high angry throwing a destructive punch breaking what was left of the place. Breathing heavily, as patience was running out of him. Nothing worked on his favor, nothing worked at all, as soon as he says that this is the end, some stupid thing came knocking him down without mercy. He cursed his luck and himself for a thousand time. Taking a deep breath for the second time, trekking his mate's scent on the air. He checked carefully deeply taking his time, while his anger bobbled dangerously inside of him.

He just wanted this thing to end, just to end.

.............

Her body swayed through the trees faster than a bullet. She ran and ran as if her life depended on it. Drifting away adding space inch after inch between her and him. Her gaze of utter detachment was unstirred or unmoved, throw a big punch into the big wolf's pride. Catching her playful hair disappearing behind the shadows, going further into the endless possibilities. Her uncaring look that thought of him as nothing, leaving him an empty silhouette behind.

She didn't care for him, as a spot of dust brushed away just after exchanging a gaze, a look and a word. Her actions were simple. Her reaction was innocent. She didn't think of further consequences. It's just been there and gone, as simple as that.

He smirked devilishly, his lips arched in a cinematic effect, creating the perfect alluring beam that a hot man can master. Like a rabbit she ran. Like a little innocent kitten she tucked her tail between her legs and ran. He bent his neck, closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Catching the fading smell of his newly found mate. Catching the fading image of her breathtaking shape.

And just like that, his eyes opened. His iris redder than a crimson moon. Eyes smiling, happy and full of joy. Sparks danced inside of it reviving her fading aura. All of these were signs, an announcement that the bad, bad wolf was ready for the hunt.