Chapter 16: His Run

Don't forget to vote and comment, thank you.

Chapter 16: His Run

The woods were calm only the sound of leaves hustling or birds singing not that far way, can be heard. The sun already shun brightly through the trees like golden threads spreading its warmness into the land. In the other side mountains stood in the back with head held high observing the world fully awake, executing their magnificent and full power. It was all a fixed picture, a picturesque beings. An existing that were never fading, everlasting through time and space.

The wood was large, spacious covering an important piece of land. It was normally full of life, hustling and bustling with energy. Thundering with movement and color, yet today the case was different. Even though the sun was up on the center of the sky calling for heaven and earth to rise however the woods were silent today, calm not even a soul or a breath. For the first time in a long time such thing ever happened. Nature and her beings are dormant, hiding, lurking from the shadows as their soft whimpering sounds can be heard from time to time.

Not far way and neither close, the sounds of paws hitting the ground can be heard. The sound wasn't fading yet not strong enough to rack a chaos. Still, this confident echo was a call, an announcement for all creatures of this land that the master has arrived. The august and dignified wolf cut his path as he run through the trees paving his way. He run into the wilderness at full speed. Like a bullet clearing the ground and rising the dust leaving behind a cloud of dirt dancing in the air. He run like he had never before. He ran and ran until his bones ached and skin heated, and yet it wasn't enough.

His soul called and summoned the spirits, his existing beckoned for enlightenment and guidance. He called the Gods for help, even though he hated them. He promised and swore even though he loathed them. Even so, he found himself weak, cornered between feelings and rationality without away out. And for the first time he surrendered his fate to those above in a chance to be guided to his destiny. He traveled in full speed mapping the land, while the air kept playing with his fur and his paws enjoyed the touch of sand under him.

He felt powerless, hopeless and with every step he took those feelings intensified. And although he was at the top of the chain, freedom is all what he thought of as his wolf emerged with the forest. Feeling restrained, caged between his heart and mind he couldn't but get lost under the massive pressure. A heavy weight that pulled his shoulders and brock his stable mind. He just wanted those sinking chains to break and he get the ability back to float to the surface and breathe again.

Howling with excitement, body tense thrilled as he moved between those ageing trees. Everything were blur as he passed and everything felt small when he stood still. He was confused by thoughts that started and kept invading his silent mind. Thoughts and feelings that led him to corners and destroyed his borders unwillingly calling for things. Outcomes and results he was cornered by; heart calling for variants that mostly had already given up on, and soul who begged for things that where a sin to ask for. His mind racked, and all his feelings were out of control. He experienced the heartache over a loss, followed by the urge to get to a thing he never knew what.

At times he thinks it was the mate bone it must be, but, at others he will shake his head and curse himself to the nine generations. He was helpless, chained to these weird feelings unable to escape. It was to the point that he felt that life is only rotating around them. Same chains that kept guiding him over and over towards this place. Just like iron and magnet; one that kept pulling while the other kept resisting but at the end they ended up together. His soul answered yet his mind denied. Keeping that invisible collar around his neck hooking him all around at all times.

He kept running, running at full speed like he was on fire, burning his lungs and breaking his bones. He ran and ran like there was nothing else that deserved his attention. Running arbitrary, mindlessly following his stupid instincts that kept nagging endlessly without a stop. He ran and ran without knowing that his feet where leading him towards his treasure. He ran and ran effortlessly following his fate blindly, unbeknownst that his prays were finally answered. He ran and ran to find himself in an unknown place somewhere not far away from the pack's borders. Clearly out of the territory, stumbling unconsciously in neutral land or could it be rogues land.

Flooded by sweat, fatigued to his core and broken through his heart. Xavier's state were shaken and unstable. He just needed this stupid chase to end as soon as possible.