Chapter 20: The things he didn't see

Chapter 20: the things he didn't see

The girl held the rabbit and moved him down from her warm lap into the cold grass beside her, bringing a strong protest from him. Seeing his sadness, and his ears that dropped down she petted his head couple of times in reassurances that soon they will have the time to play again. He looked pathetically trying to bring her compassion, and in a desperate attempt he even widened his eyes begging more anxiously. She smiled at his eager behavior given him another pet on the head with twisting his ear playfully. The little rabbit knew by then that it was worthless to beg more as if he was used to this. Jumping a bit in the air to shove his head on her still hanging hand, and running off towards the tree afterward.

Her eyes didn't leave him, she kept following him until he disappeared through the trees leaving a small trail dust behind him as if he was on fire. Her eyes was on that small creature and Xavier's never left hers. He almost been jealous of him, envious of her affection towards him. But he didn't react, he didn't put a reaction fearing he will scare her off.

Seeing that her little friend had escaped, she slowly stood and took a step forward towards Xavier. With the first step she took she feel face down kissing the ground. She fell on her stomach as clumsily as three months year old. Hands up and legs apart she fell as hard as a rock with no limb to help her support her fall. From the choke Xavier's eyes widened while his body froze. His mind got numbed by what just happened he expected all except this he kept looking at her cute thrown out body not knowing either to laugh or cry. From one hand she was as cute as hell with her lips between her teeth beaten hard to wash away the embarrassment and in the other hand she was tempting enough without doing anything. Looking at his dilemma he tried desperately to hide his smirk and escaping laughter. Composing himself not to make uncomfortable he held out to her yet by the time his hand reached out to help her, she has already stood up hurriedly balancing herself.

Her little hands swiftly cleaned her cloths from the dirt, dusting her golden hair from the trapped leaves. But this time she didn't meet his eyes, her head kept looking down bowing as her arms went behind her back playing with her fingers. Her hair even though it was held in a ponytail but kept dangling down reaching her knees. She wasn't short not the slightest. Checking her up and down he can guess she was almost one, sixty five; sixty eight some more but nothing less.

"Come closer" he said not knowing how he was able to say that. His voice was husky shaken and alluring.

Not hesitating at all, she complied taking another step towards him. Her head stayed low with her sight forwarded towards the ground. Her movement were slow, taken with caution. "She was obedient" his wolf howled, "her soul surrendered to him" he happily rejoiced.

His happiness at that time, thinking that she accepted their mate bound blinded him from seeing a lot of things. His pleasure had distracted him unbeknownst form those clear calling sings that he would had found if he was in the right state of mind. But how could he be blamed, going through such chaotic war with himself and his fate wasn't an easy task at all.

His eyes at that moment weren't seeing things he should, things that may save him a lot of problems and heartaches. Sometime into the future he cursed himself a million time, for his stupidity wishing if he had done things differently, praying if he could go back and change things. Perhaps by then he would have the happiness he wanted.

He checked her out looking for any injuries his eyes scanned her body fiercely not missing a spot. He rummaged through her arms and legs for any scratches taking notice to tell the doctor later. Announcing worriedly "are you hurt?" while his eyes went between her face and her cowered body. Seeing her like that he thought perhaps she is hiding her pain. Finding himself holding his hands out unconsciously to hold her.

However as soon as she felt his hands coming in her direction, she evaded. Her arms going off his reach as her feet took a step to the side. Her eyes never leaving her spot on the ground. Her body language screamed uncomfortableness, something that Xavier didn't want to neither acknowledge nor see.

When she faced him standing still in front of him, she pulled her foot up, presenting her ankles. Xavier didn't know what she wanted, was she hurt? Is her feet injure? Was this what she felt? He knelt down to observe to find a chain decorating her barefoot feet.