Chapter 56: who should I trust?

Silence, the place had become soundless like an old hacked tomb. The wind howled comfortably and with warmness shaking the giant trees on the backyard. No one dared to move, only their irises will slide from left to right checking whose going to be next. Fearing that the slightest movement may notify the snipers of their existence. The body of their pack members had started to fall one after another. First you will hear a bang sound followed by a whoosh; indicating the moving through the air then a fall on the floor can be seen. Sometimes it can take a while so the person can understand what happened to him and then surrender to his end. But sometimes it can be immediate hit and a fall and that's all.

Xavier however didn't miss any of his mate's reflection. He saw everything since the moment they entered. He noticed her fear and fright he sensed her panic and dread. He felt her body shaken over his thighs and her heart beat that raced dangerously inside of her chest. He felt all, he knew all. His plan was clear since the moment he entered the field; he wanted to eradicate all the people behind her pain until now. So he set and took note of every gaze that came her way. Those twenty one fallen victims were only the ones who recognized her face since she has entered with him. Even though they tried to hide their emotions and surprises but they eventually failed.

Xavier understood it from the start that this pack had already been infiltrated. Most of them had been bonded by spells to shut them off if they talked to anyone outside of their groups. The same as the doctor from before to the alpha and the twenty one dead on the floor in front of him. The moment he force them to speak they will die. This is why most of their interrogation questions were considerably safe. Safe to expose his involvement and breaking of oath. The moment they decided to leave his rule they no longer needed to live.

They are all gone now, don't worry" he tried to reassure her while he petted her head. Things are becoming messier and unresolved. Before he could get hold into it, it become more complicated than he ever thought. However he didn't have to understand what was going on right now, let them die first than he will figure his way out later.

Elisabeth, the little mate was like a frighten kitten who has got cornered helplessly inside this chaotic storm. She set in front of her tormentors; meeting their eyes and facing them head on. Some she knew only by voice and some she knew very well over the years. Especially the alpha the one who created her worst nightmares. A person who stood behind the iron door and spoke. He didn't do anything else besides speaking, but it was more than enough to send her shaken imprisoned inside of her fears. His games weren't physical but more of psychological ones, games that planted holes through her mind.

The moment she saw him, it was like a hunch that told be careful, and when he spoke she got the confirmation. It was him the person she hated most, he stood humbly under the shoes of the man behind her. "Was they friends? Had they knew each other before? Is he his aid? It seems he works under him, yes he does. Will he punch him now because he lost me? But it was the man who broke in to get me out why will he do this?...." her questions kept coming like a fallen rock. It kept rolling down the hill endlessly, not stopping or slowing down. One question was there before another will came, distracting her mind. 'Who can she trust? Who can help her through this hell?' Those were her deepest one.

While she had her brain being swayed by her hesitation and doubts a woman not too old had stood from the crowd in front. She was young so young barely twelve or thirteen her body couldn't give a hint. She pulled herself up slowly standing through her unwilling feet. She stood through with her youthful self; hair loos disheveled by the sweat and tears. She stood for a minute still yet confident preparing for a thing. All eyes were on her, even Elisabeth's attention had fixed on her while she stood like a brave woman ready to rebel and reprimand the deeds. She stood like a warrior with courage and nerve, daring enough to look at the king dead on his eyes.

Sounds such as; "sit back" "go into your place" "girl did you lose your mind, get back" were spread into the place some, where soft where some were loud. One that held concerns where the others had threats, coming from the guards as well as her pack members. But what they had missed were her sardonic looks under her falling locks. A gaze that called for war towards those in front.