Chapter 27: she kept running

Enjoy and don't forget to vote and comment please, and thank you.

Chapter 27: She kept running

When she sprinted into the forest again her mind had one thought; she had to go back. Her scheduled hours to go out and have some time outdoors were planned by one time per week going between four to five hours for each going. The permission was for her sake, because of her wolf to stay sane enough and stop her from going berserk. In fact today was an exception, a show of leniency towards her from the leader who took care of her needs. Seeing how her wolf was on edge he thought a day out for a run may calm her down a bit. However, if things become more complicated no one will be held responsible except her. She will be the one to blame and worst she will be further punished.

Having this thought, her fear intensified knowing how far she could suffer. The fear and torture she will face pushed her to run at her full speed not leaving a place for getting caught. Her heart raced as a herd of horses chasing each other on a spring day. Her head and mind weren't any better as she felt the nearness of a silhouette that never for a second stopped and let her go. She first believed he was one of the guards, a new one who didn't know his way around, however it turned out he wasn't. The fight that started before wasn't a new thing, the stupid men who surrounded her always fought until death tearing each other apart non-stop as a way for entertainment or because of losing a bet.

She was used already for such behaviors, she long since had been immune and long since had learned how to protect herself from them. Even this time, when she felt things going south she took off away from them and from their trouble, yet it seems they still follows. She was super agitated by his insistency as she kept looking back and seeing his shadow. The more she ran the more he followed even though she was fast, yet her speed couldn't knock him off of her tail. Her panic rose until it become hard to breath, her fright overwhelmed her until her lungs were about to burst, however she never stopped. It another words she couldn't offer to stop as her safety depended on her reaching the mountains.

Her emotions were allover the place. She felt complicated, lost between her heads corners unable to reach the truth and mask the reality no matter where she went. Her panic under this situation were reasonable enough urging her to escape and seek shelter, yet the safety and warmth between the man's arms were incomprehensibly revolutionary sensations she couldn't find any reasons for. Her heart beat faster while she ran, yet the reasons of it was because of the man and less of the fright. Her face flushed as her unknown frustration and agitation grew more and more inside of her. "Why?" She asked, "Why would she feel so much unsettled?" Why am I feeling the need to go back and be by his side?" she almost cried. Unknown and alienated sentiments broke through her heart and mind and conquered her firewalls of protection to settle inside of her virgin territories occupying lands, and stealing cities. The longer she felt like this the more she feared these strange and weird notions as his armies broke her every lines of resisting.

Her feet kept going, as she tried to call out for her wolf, her other side whom today decided to take a break no matter how many times she knocked on her door. Like a stubborn mull she covered her ears and pretended to sleep, ignoring her nudges and pretending to be asleep. She almost reaped her hair out, driven to the edge of sanity. Even the only one who were always by her side, now refused to aid her. Oddly enough this situation was beyond any explanation. Her wolf never did such thing, never since the time she had her wolf awakened her new other refused to protect her or help her.

........

It took her almost fifteen minutes to cross the dense forest and reach the edge of the mountains. The man from before still went after her trail not given her a second to breath. She panted and puffed heavily following the memorized path that only; she and the guards knew about. As soon as she crossed the line she smiled wildly in celebration of victory. Even though she knew she had the power to win him over, or this what she thought, something inside of her kept her from confronting him. As if she had this alarm thing that kept nagging at her to be aware and flee with her life.

And she was further reassured when she found him enter the labyrinth blindly, not knowing that he was doomed to die the moment he stepped in. she looked back seeing his figure stop at the edge sad and aching at his loss. Her wolf howling anxiously, worriedly and strongly calling form him to stop. Yet there was nothing she could do as she kept going following the torturing path towards her prison.